29 minutes ago, HarryM said:

I do like mine but it is a bit boring. I had a test drive in an Audi Sq2 and loved it. The dash is something Lexus should copy (like the indicators) boot space is a bit smaller but it's fun, the main thing missing from my NX  

To be fair, I have another car in the garage for 'fun' albeit I hardly ever use it. As I've got older I care more about comfort and refinement. I just want to get where I want to get with as little stress as possible. 

Audi do make a nice interior. Pity about the DSG gearboxes, which is why I'd never own (another) one. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 11:28 AM, First_Lexus said:

To be fair, I have another car in the garage for 'fun' albeit I hardly ever use it. As I've got older I care more about comfort and refinement. I just want to get where I want to get with as little stress as possible. 

Audi do make a nice interior. Pity about the DSG gearboxes, which is why I'd never own (another) one. 

And of course, Audis are common. I mean, popular. 😉

• Haha 3

I've had my Winter wheels and tyres fitted this afternoon. Aside from the aesthetics - personally I prefer the black wheels that my Winter tyres are fitted on to the standard silver - the Winter Bridgestone Blizzaks transform the car. They're significantly quieter and ride much better, with the added benefit that they're much more secure in the cold weather.

The OEM Yokohama BluEfficiency tyres still have between 7-8mm all round after c8k miles, but the difference is so stark that I might just swallow hard and replace them next year. Not sure with what, probably Falkens if I can get them based on previous good experience. It really does hammer home the difference a set of tyres can make to a car...

Winter tyre thread - Bridgestone Blizzak

I have got a set of Michelin Latitude Alpin L2 for our NX. I will let you know the difference between these and the Yokohamas. I have been told that the Michelins have a higher rolling resistance and may give poorer fuel economy.

Did you get the TPMS reprogrammed?

8 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

I have got a set of Michelin Latitude Alpin L2 for our NX. I will let you know the difference between these and the Yokohamas. I have been told that the Michelins have a higher rolling resistance and may give poorer fuel economy.

Did you get the TPMS reprogrammed?

Yes, Lexus Swindon reprogrammed the TPMS. The codes for each set of wheels and tyres are written into the dedicated space at the back of the service record.

I have purchased a Carista module which you can use to input the TPMS codes yourself on modern Lexus cars. I will also let you know if this works!

I have now had the winter wheels/tyres fitted to the NX. The ride quality from the full winter Michelin Latitude Alpin L2s is much more comfortable and compliant than the standard Yokohamas. It makes you wonder why Lexus don't fit Michelins (Cross Climate?) as standard as they are selling a premium vehicle into the UK which has variable weather. It would not cost them very much.

There is about the same level of road noise which is good given the tread pattern on the winters. I can't really say about the grip performance in poor conditions as we haven't had any yet but I don't anticipate any problems.

The Carista module works as advertised to reprogram the TPMS system and is reasonable at £20 for the dongle and about £30 for the software upgrade to be able to do this programming. It's certainly cheaper than Lexus would charge.

• Like 1

A quick update on my NX - and the best sort of update. It gets better the more miles I do. Now with 15k miles in 18 months, I appreciate the car more every single day.

Quality is supreme, the ride compliant, and it's quiet and comfortable. No rattles, no squeaks. Economical. Practical. Great service from the dealer. 

I had thought I'd downsize next year, but that now seems highly unlikely. This is a car that does everything I want and more, certainly the best I've owned (and I've owned a few!). I can see this staying with me for the duration - up to 10 years or more. Why would I change something that works so perfectly?

Superb. 👍 

• Like 2