Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pistonheads 10th Anniversary Rcf

I found it funny when they link the one for £28500 in their review 😄 even though arguably the one for £28995 is much better buy having TVD and Sunroof.

@Stuno1 As regards the wheels question you posed Stu my car goes in tomorrow to Lexus Cheltenham for a major service and some personalisation, my wheels have been diamond cut once before so I want to preserve 'the one more cut ' for the future so I'm having them fully stripped and powder coated in a dark Anthracite with a slight satin sheen to the surface I didn't want a glossy finish.

And the calipers are going from black to 'brembo Yellow' I'll post up a thread with lots of pics when I get her back.

🐀

• Like 6

@Stuno1 A double post deserved a double like 😂

Glad you agree with the wheels..... got stuck in the traffic earlier and along side me was a Black Alfa Quadfliggyfiggy.........well you know what I mean it had Matt black wheels with brembo Yellow Callipers did look good I mean really good........ not to late to change my mind I guess and go black.....🤔

🐀

• Like 1

@Comedian Now Sean just you listen to me this is Mrs Rat he’s driving now and you now what a rubbish driver he is......he’s now responsible for me...... and you don’t want me to fetch my weapon of choice........

4A2250A8-DD20-456A-9B47-454EDD61DFC9.thumb.jpeg.7b005bb283e1d9903afb45243b37f69a.jpeg

Mrs Jamaican

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Stuno1 A double post deserved a double like 😂

Glad you agree with the wheels..... got stuck in the traffic earlier and along side me was a Black Alfa Quadfliggyfiggy.........well you know what I mean it had Matt black wheels with Brembo Yellow Callipers did look good I mean really good........ not to late to change my mind I guess and go black.....🤔

🐀

Personally I would go blue callipers to tie it in to the f blue theme of the car. Definitely all dark wheels though. I can’t believe how much it changes them. I really don’t like them in srmtsndatd guise but dark I love them. I really don’t like the chrome badges, window trim or front grill smoke colour thing so they will all be going black as well.

• Like 1

Also, I’d be keen to hear how much they charge for caliper painting as it’s a very involved job. To do well they are removed, stripped and then painted before being reassembled. 

• Like 1

@Stuno1 Stu I agree with you the ‘F’ Blue is the classic 1st choice and probably many on here would agree with us.

And I did consider it.......

76680D8E-1CF6-4057-95B7-CFA4B161ACDC.jpeg.2d810b4949a6a910fa2e1e4b2f20770b.jpeg

But I am really fond of the ‘Brembo Yellow ‘ and have settled on that and matt black wheels.

They are going to do one wheel and one calliper and forward me some pics just to make sure, I’m happy with the look first.

Big Rat 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:56 PM, Big Rat said:

@Stuno1 As regards the wheels question you posed Stu my car goes in tomorrow to Lexus Cheltenham for a major service and some personalisation, my wheels have been diamond cut once before so I want to preserve 'the one more cut ' for the future so I'm having them fully stripped and powder coated in a dark Anthracite with a slight satin sheen to the surface I didn't want a glossy finish.

And the calipers are going from black to 'Brembo Yellow' I'll post up a thread with lots of pics when I get her back.

🐀

Look forward to seeing that @Big Rat.  My car is trapped in the garage currently as the drive is being done and due to the lovely weather, they cant pour the concrete so i cant get it out due to the clearence required at the gates. Ahhhhhhhh 🤪

• Like 2

@Jon_B Jon thanx matey looking forward to it had an e-mail from Sam in service this morning the paints will arrive tomorrow, and they will make a start, the service is all completed.

So yours is locked away concrete doesn't like this heat........ the anticipation will make the next blast in her that much sweeter 👍

🐀

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jon_B said:

Look forward to seeing that @Big Rat.  My car is trapped in the garage currently as the drive is being done and due to the lovely weather, they cant pour the concrete so i cant get it out due to the clearence required at the gates. Ahhhhhhhh 🤪

Can’t you get some of your staff to carry the car out? Probably need about half your staff - say 30 to lift the RCF however 😜

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Can’t you get some of your staff to carry the car out? Probably need about half your staff - say 30 to lift the RCF however 😜

Never thought of that @Flytvr.  Will have to give it a try 🙂

• Haha 2