Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2015 RX450h First Week Impressions after GS300h

Well my car has been with the dealer now for 2 weeks for some bodywork rectification which they failed to do when the car was prepared for sale. It was due back a week ago but at the 11th hour I had a call to say that the work was substandard and the car needed to visit the Lexus bodyshop to be properly fixed( I Had already pointed out that my local very good smart repair guy had said it needed a bodyshop repair) I see from the 'My Lexus' app the car was at a different branch of the dealer on Friday. I have been told it will be returned late Thursday. Some of you may have seen the expensive fiasco I've had with the new loan car. As you can imagine I'm pretty fed up with driving a ct200h for 2 weeks plus when I previously owned GS300h and now the 450h.(have travelled over 1200 miles in the ct) I have suggested that as a goodwill gesture they might care to put an extended warranty on my car as its been back with them for almost as long as l had it. We shall see what happens. 

That's not great.

I've been in to Lexus Derby today, only becasue it's MOT time.  Fresh coffee when I dropped it in this morning and the car's come back washed and hoovered inside for no extra charge.   All with the usual friendly service so I am very happy with Lexus Derby today.  I hope they sort things for you.

1 hour ago, olliesgrandad said:

Well my car has been with the dealer now for 2 weeks for some bodywork rectification which they failed to do when the car was prepared for sale. It was due back a week ago but at the 11th hour I had a call to say that the work was substandard and the car needed to visit the Lexus bodyshop to be properly fixed( I Had already pointed out that my local very good smart repair guy had said it needed a bodyshop repair) I see from the 'My Lexus' app the car was at a different branch of the dealer on Friday. I have been told it will be returned late Thursday. Some of you may have seen the expensive fiasco I've had with the new loan car. As you can imagine I'm pretty fed up with driving a ct200h for 2 weeks plus when I previously owned GS300h and now the 450h.(have travelled over 1200 miles in the ct) I have suggested that as a goodwill gesture they might care to put an extended warranty on my car as its been back with them for almost as long as l had it. We shall see what happens. 

Doesn't seem too bad. Better to own up and say the work was ******* than give you it back with it. 

They usually use a bodyshop that they know well within the group which will be near to one particular dealer hence the car will move around. 

Why don't you just ask for another vehicle bar the CT

• Like 1

They only have 5 loan cars apparently and in fairness it is a 218 mile round trip to them from my home. It was never forseen that they would have my car more than 4 days tops. Still their ct is nicely run in now as I have done 1200 miles in it so far and there will be at least another 250 on it by Thursday. It had 135 miles when it arrived. 

• Like 1

Hurrah, my car is back.

Paintwork is now all good. Apparently the tailgate was totally repainted under warranty as corrosion damage at Lexus Leicester and the rear doors have been refinished to such a good standard you cannot see any colour variation. Likewise the rear bumper and the black textured area has also been properly  refinished. Car looks amazing now.

They have also supplied a new service book fully stamped up so all is as it should have been when I first collected it.

• Like 3

On 7/17/2018 at 6:26 PM, olliesgrandad said:

As you can imagine I'm pretty fed up with driving a ct200h for 2 weeks plus when I previously owned GS300h and now the 450h.

I normally ask for any car except a CT, as that model gives me sciatica in my legs whenever I'm loaned one. I had an IS a few weeks ago – very nice indeed.

However, I've noticed that all Lexus seats have been "hardened up" since my 2014 RX, which has beautifully padded, forgiving chairs. Not a positive change IMHO.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JFB2 said:

I normally ask for any car except a CT, as that model gives me sciatica in my legs whenever I'm loaned one. I had an IS a few weeks ago – very nice indeed.

However, I've noticed that all Lexus seats have been "hardened up" since my 2014 RX, which has beautifully padded, forgiving chairs. Not a positive change IMHO.  

Im not so sure. The seats are quite firm to begin with in any new Lexus. They take about 6 month to 1 year to loosen up. 

I think the RX seats are  particularly good ( i'm comparing 2014 IS300h f sport/ GS 300h luxury 2015 and the 2018 CT200h I drove for 1400 miles in 2 weeks).

Certainly i would consider very carefully whether another f sport model wouldsuit me

14 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

I think the RX seats are  particularly good ( i'm comparing 2014 IS300h f sport/ GS 300h luxury 2015 and the 2018 CT200h I drove for 1400 miles in 2 weeks).

Certainly i would consider very carefully whether another f sport model wouldsuit me

I've had the 2RX, 3RX F-Sport (same chairs as Advance etc), 4RX and 3IS F-Sport. They all are pretty much the same in terms of how soft they are. The main difference is the bolstering. You do slide around much more in the standard seats, the F-Sport bolsters just stop that from happening. 

All cars were relatively firm when I got them to the point where I was thinking "what have I done" but they loosen up fairly well once the miles pile on.

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

I've had the 2RX, 3RX F-Sport (same chairs as Advance etc), 4RX and 3IS F-Sport. They all are pretty much the same in terms of how soft they are. The main difference is the bolstering. You do slide around much more in the standard seats, the F-Sport bolsters just stop that from happening. 

All cars were relatively firm when I got them to the point where I was thinking "what have I done" but they loosen up fairly well once the miles pile on.

I think the is 300h f sport has different foam in the seats I seem to remember they used the same foam as the defunct supercar, likewise the fancy sliding dashboard dials. Perhaps the other f sport models have a more compliant foam. Back in the dark ages I had a mj1 golf GTI. My father had a limited edition VX with GTI shaped seats. My seats were fine, but his were like sitting on a board because the foam was harder. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links