Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX300h Review, Traffic updates and google maps

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a NX300h (2015-2016 edition) with premium nav. I have been trying to find answers to the following questions online but have been unsuccessful and wondered if anyone here could help please.

I currently use google maps every day to get to work and back on my phone as it always misses part of the traffic and saves me about 15-20mins getting home. I know the premium Nav has lexus connected services where it connects to your phones internet to pick up live traffic. Is this any good and does it find traffic on local roads like google maps or is it just major roads and motorways. How often does it update.

Is there anyway to connect my phone to the Car so I can use google maps. I have seen a few youtube videos and info on the web about mirrorlink on the lexus's which my phone supports but its normally about lexus's abroad and not the UK. Is this option available in the UK?

My wife has a Lexus CT200h so I am aware of how it breaks and the CVT/engine noises if you accelerate hard but I'm not to worried about that as I know what to expect. Has anyone reached anywhere near the stated fuel economy.  I drive about 50% Motorway and 50% local and I can get about 56mpg on  the CT200h (There stated figures are about 66mpg) just wondering what to expect as the figures vary greatly online from 30mpg to 46mpg. I'm not a fast driver an you can't really be in morning and evening traffic.

Thanks in advanced.

I never had a problem with the sat nav in the 2018 Lexus models however some people have and some people hate the system. 

Additionally, what is the connected services is average the traffic updates are often poor and outdated. 

The Lexus vehicles do come with mirror link however this is quite difficult in some cases to set up and isn't perfect

I would recommend you play with the system when going on a test drive and cover the main things you're looking for

Regarding fuel consumption-   I have only had my NX 300h for 3 months and have covered 2000 miles. The worst I have had is 37mpg and that was when the dealer filled it up from new, so may not have been full. Since then my best fuel figure has been 43mpg and worst has beeen 39mpg. I also do mixed amount of motoring.

Going to France in the car soon. Not expecting good figures going down there and coming back, but local runs should improve the overall figure.

thanks for your reply. I am going to book a test drive in a few weeks and if the mirror link works with google maps then its a winner for me.