Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 Rear ride height sensor

Which part is broken ?? the Lever/ Rod or the potentiometer ( the electrical part) . I have a spare, but no lever, from before my MK IV was written off by insurance company, along with a few other bits.

1 hour ago, ls400lpg said:

Hi

I am sure it is the rod that has gone

Some have even made their own with things like skewers!  I had one break on my first LS430 and although I did (or the garage did) source a new rod it was still £45, the sensor was another £300 odd.

I did a heath robinson repair which is just about to give up after 3 years, but just got a 'proper-job' from SGS.  It is well made, and will not rot like the lexus version.

When the link goes your lights point so far up that they do not light the immediate road in front on you, so not only do you blind others, you cannot see where the heck your going (well old gi*s like me cannot see).

I had a look at mine the other day to put the SGS part in, but the threads all siezed, and on mine the SGS thread is slightly bigger than original, so will need to drill out the brackets to fit.

• Thanks 1

I had boot struts fitted to my 430 (purchased from a UK supplier not SGS) after about 2 years the ball cups on the struts were completely rusted - the small retaining springs which prevent the struts from coming off were totally seized and broke off when removing.

I have fitted another pair of struts to my car but I give them a clean more often since that area of the boot is where rain water flows down.

The SGS rod looks identical and im wondering if it will last long given its location?

3 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I did a heath robinson repair which is just about to give up after 3 years, but just got a 'proper-job' from SGS.  It is well made, and will not rot like the lexus version.

When the link goes your lights point so far up that they do not light the immediate road in front on you, so not only do you blind others, you cannot see where the heck your going (well old gi*s like me cannot see).

I had a look at mine the other day to put the SGS part in, but the threads all siezed, and on mine the SGS thread is slightly bigger than original, so will need to drill out the brackets to fit.

Yes, my bracket had snapped, and was fused together with the arm. Couple of spot welds sorted it for now, but will get the SGS part fitted before the next MOT

4B71B2DF-805A-42C3-887F-A620E9A941A5.jpeg

14 hours ago, ls400lpg said:

Hi

I am sure it is the rod that has gone

I can make you one up this weekend, have a couple of ECUs to repair so may as well have a Lexus repair weekend.

• Like 1