Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

430 to the Isle of Skye with Saris Bone 3 + LS400

At the half term break just gone, the family and I went up to Skye.  We were so very lucky with the weather and the midges were not so bad.  3 bikes on the back (plus one in the boot!), picture is the Glenelg to Skye ferry, a very romantic way on to the Isle.  Over 1000 miles with the rack and bikes and it felt very solid, so I can really recommend the Saris.  

My LS never missed a beat and I averaged about 26mpg.  Car photo is at the house where we stayed in an area called Waternish, the house being in Loch Bay.  It is a beautiful place and our fourth time there but never with such great weather.   

Didn't see another LS all the way there or back but amazingly a 400 overtook me just outside of Dunvegan.  Love my LS.

IMG_3123.JPG

IMG_3100 saris.JPG

• Like 5

Fantastic part of the world irrespective of the weather, but when the weathers that good.... makes for a memorable holiday, that's the thing about midges kill one and a thousand will come to the funeral......😉

Big Rat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I drove to Skye a few years ago working for SSE (unfortunately not in the LS). Having driven over the bridge I thought my Sat Nav was telling porkies when it said I still had something like around 35 miles to go to Dunvegan, nah can’t be right it’s a little island...was though and some parts were like driving through the Alps!

Ahhhh The Stein Inn,  yes had many a pint in there or out on the loch side.  Still run by Angus and Theresa,  quite a grumpy landlord.  This time we stayed at one of the holiday cottages they own not far from the pub.  From the pub you can see a old house called Loch Bay Boat House, once owned by the 60's singer Donovan.  Once George Harrison came to visit him (there is a picture of him on their site) and the whole area seems quite magical.  The restaurant now has a Michelin star and would love to have gone but was a bit pricey for a family.  Instead fish and chips in Portree were fab!

It was a pleasure to drive my LS on the Island, such a fab car.  The midges by the last two days were getting a bit bothersome......

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links