Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Very happy to say I collected my 2010 Cadoxton Slate/Ivory SE-L Premier yesterday from Lexus Stockport!

She’s a beauty and I’m incredibly happy, driving back to Cambridge via Rugby and Leicester I averaged 37.3 MPG (indicated).

I just have a couple of quick questions, if you’ll oblige. I’ve seen a couple of videos/blogs whereby you can customise the Vehicle Settings via the nav screen. However my car doesn’t have this option and there’s some tweaks I’d like to make.

Also I have a slight squeak/creak over speed humps from the rear air suspension? I’ve never had air suspension before so am unsure if this is normal or otherwise.

Any advice you’re able to offer is greatly appreciated and I start my journey into Lexus ownership!

Thanks,

JJ.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the club Alex. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new beast but we like to see photos so get some up on here when you can  :yes:

I don't have air suspension so I can't answer that one but as for tweaking various settings, you may want to invest about twenty quid in a miniVCI cable from eBay if you have a laptop to use it with. We can't condone the use of pirated software but almost every cable on eBay will also come with a copy of Techstream, which is the diagnostic software that Toyota/Lexus use in their workshops. I suppose it's up to your own conscience whether you use that or go down the proper route of legitimately downloading Techstream free of charge from Toyota/Lexus and then buying time to use it, but either way, you'll need that miniVCI cable to enable the car to talk to the laptop and vice versa.

Happy motoring - and don't forget the photos.

I don't think customisation was available on older RXs. I can't remember it being available before 2012 anyway from the back screen. You'll need something like Carista to do it. 

As for creaking suspension, I've had this on all my RXs. It only seems to affect the rear suspension over sharp, large bumps and essentially is something you just have to live with. I did get it checked out but there was nothing wrong with the shocks or suspension whatsoeve

Hello and welcome to the club Alex. I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new beast but we like to see photos so get some up on here when you can  :yes:
I don't have air suspension so I can't answer that one but as for tweaking various settings, you may want to invest about twenty quid in a miniVCI cable from eBay if you have a laptop to use it with. We can't condone the use of pirated software but almost every cable on eBay will also come with a copy of Techstream, which is the diagnostic software that Toyota/Lexus use in their workshops. I suppose it's up to your own conscience whether you use that or go down the proper route of legitimately downloading Techstream free of charge from Toyota/Lexus and then buying time to use it, but either way, you'll need that miniVCI cable to enable the car to talk to the laptop and vice versa.
Happy motoring - and don't forget the photos.

fd47e88d84216e189695f8ac7d76f192.jpg

d1bb71df0dac25dd8b41a309236fd0e6.jpg

Hi Sorceror!

Thanks so much for the useful info above, where possible I’d like to go “above board” just to make sure I use the proper route. However, it’s good to know that there’s potential to make the small changes, such as only the drivers door unlocking for example.

Hope you like the pictures of the car after it was collected and driving part way home and with the car it replaced!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I don't think customisation was available on older RXs. I can't remember it being available before 2012 anyway from the back screen. You'll need something like Carista to do it. 
As for creaking suspension, I've had this on all my RXs. It only seems to affect the rear suspension over sharp, large bumps and essentially is something you just have to live with. I did get it checked out but there was nothing wrong with the shocks or suspension whatsoeve

Hi Rayaans,

Thanks for the advice! Useful to here that the creak is normal, that’ll help me relax into the experience a lot more. I can only hear it as the car is so damned quiet!

I have got Carista, so will give that a go if it’s not possible to get it through the nav screen on a pre-2012

Thanks again!

I'm sure I was áble to change the settings of dorr locking on my 2009 using the standard settings,  as usual try reading the manual. I think it may work via the stgeering wheel button.

I hope vehicles, even second hand aren't beiong sold with out manuals as the RX450 is a complex vehicle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links