Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Key Card - Gamble.. and Won

Ahoy!

I really like the Lexus Key Card from other models and decided to take the plunge of obtaining an 'EU' Version for the IS300H. Paired it up with Techstream and 2 minutes later process finished and it works! I'll be brave and say how much and yes there maybe haters out there that its a waste of money etc but I like it. (about £400 quid) - Yes it doesn't have buttons and yes you cannot turn off the transmitter signal to avoid cloning but its slim and fits in my suit pocket.

Part Numbers are
89904-53601 - Card (2014 onwards MY) 89904-53600 for MY13-14

69515-30350 - Blank metal key - A competant car key cutter can replicate it

NB. US market and JPN Market DOES not work so don't be tempted by price. They run on a 315MHZ frequency and UK/EU/Most parts of the world runs on 433MHZ due to bandwidth licensing laws.

20180625_180350.jpg

20180625_180358.jpg

20180625_180424.jpg

• Like 3

I didn't even know such a thing existed, fair play to you, I hate carrying keys around. 

I notice now you can get smart home door locks (open via fingerprint/phone/proximity pad or even by logging in online), not sure I'd like to be an early adopter, but can't wait for the day you don't need to carry keys around.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Nice key card but then where do you put your house keys - I keep car key and house keys on the same key ring so never forget one or the other...! 

I keep my house keys when at work in my drawer, so just the car key will stay on my person during the day. If me and the wife are out together of course the house keys are in her handbag lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andrew888 said:

NB. US market and JPN Market DOES not work so don't be tempted by price. They run on a 315MHZ frequency and UK/EU/Most parts of the world runs on 433MHZ due to bandwidth licensing laws.

I reckon someone made this mistake.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-3IS-Hybrid-Smart-Card-Key-JDM/323301123521

12 minutes ago, matt8 said:

See the connection?? lol.. Yep twas me bought it in Jan.. Never programmed it as my buddy at the same time bought one for his.. His pairing failed despite Techstream bonging away saying it did.. Then I dug a little further about frequencies and searching Denso's certification for RTTE for Europe.

So yeah its me.. *sigh*  Oh well as I say crap happens lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is interesting. I got used to the card key when I bought my second gen IS Premier. When the third gen was launched, I partially held off getting it because it was initially not sold with the card key in Sweden. Call me crazy, but that is how good I thought it was, not having a huge car key fob in my pocket (my key ring only holds one house key and a couple of tiny electronic fobs for some business related doors). I actually asked a Lexus service technician back in 2013/2014 if it was possible to buy the card key as a spare part and pair it with a car that only came with regular keys, and he said that it was not possible because such a car would lack some piece of technology required for card keys to work. Later, the card key was added to the IS and I eventually got a new car with card key (yeah, I'm crazy, but the card key was a contributing factor).