Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Self Closing Windows

Has anybody had their 300nx made so that the windows close/open with the key fob, the manual says your dealer can do it but I wonder at what cost.

Or has anybody worked out a way seems such a small thing to leave out when you consider that my Ford Mondeo in 2002 had them (company car did 100000 in two years and never failed) as did the next 3.

David

2 hours ago, Heanorboy said:

Has anybody had their 300nx made so that the windows close/open with the key fob, the manual says your dealer can do it but I wonder at what cost.

Or has anybody worked out a way seems such a small thing to leave out when you consider that my Ford Mondeo in 2002 had them (company car did 100000 in two years and never failed) as did the next 3.

David

Dealer will usually do it for free. Literally a 5 minute job. 

It was disabled as plenty of owners in the past found their vehicles drenched after sitting on the key or pressing it accidentally.

Thank you for the reply, pity I didn't think about this when I took in for its service in March. 🛠️

Guess it will have to wait until next year as my choice of Lexus dealers is either 20 miles through the centre of Bristol or 60 miles down the M5.

37 minutes ago, Heanorboy said:

Thank you for the reply, pity I didn't think about this when I took in for its service in March. 🛠️

Guess it will have to wait until next year as my choice of Lexus dealers is either 20 miles through the centre of Bristol or 60 miles down the M5.

You might find it easier to get something like the Carista app and OBD cable. 

Then you can change all the settings yourself via smartphone

It is such an easy job, that I am sure they would do it while you wait, if you happen to be driving by.

I had it done for my current and previous Lexus cars and love it. In fact, should you happen to accidentally unlock the car and open the windows, you will find that the windows will self close and the car lock itself after 30 or so seconds, providing you have not opened any of the doors, or pressed any of the buttons on the key.

I have just called into Lexus Bolton and asked about this. They said it comes under customised settings. They are doing it this Friday for free. They said it will take 30 mins including washing the car for me. Superb service imho.

• Like 1

Hi Tony, I was surprised not to find this option on my GS (open windows using the key fob) but looking into your thread I will be calling Lexus and see what they can do! I find this option is very useful and as you all my previous cars had it! 

I have a few questions to ask Lexus, issue with TPMS and if I can updated my Sat Nav maps plus the windows, the list is growing! 🙂

Had this done on my RX for free shortly after I got it having noticed it in the handbook as a dealer enabled option.  It was washed at the same time.  Took about 30 minutes including the wash.