Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

KX58PLN on ebay

Same ISF is on autotrader and they want £17000. Honda dealer. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201805046214679?atmobcid=soc3

Apparently sold but question is why someone would like to get rid of the car so quickly and for less than paid...

Edited by Tomag23
Mistake

Hi, Just after midnight the car was posted on eBay with asking price £11999. Now the price been changed to £14999 which is not so crazy low as before. 

Seems a good price for that car. Good mileage and condition, with a known and traceable history. Guessing the Honda dealer has offloaded to another independent garage, or they've picked it up via auction.

I think same think that this auction is a bit odd. Advised seller that he attached to the Lexus some Volvo service history and that I would like to see the car. He removed photos of Volvo service record and change the price but never text me back. Nice car but I almost bought other ISF from forum member two weeks ago. Sadly my barn on wheels (V70) needs some extra maintenance so ISF have to wait.

1 hour ago, Eame64 said:

By far the most expensive car that dealer is selling which seems a bit odd.

Probably hugely underestimated the effort and time needed to sale something as rare.

@Tomag23 as for the price £11999 is not strange at all on eBay, last year there were several cars sold in £10000 range. The only difference this might be lower miles and as we know well maintained. So 12k for this specific IS-F would be good deal, but by no means strange price.

I disagree, I would say they were the exceptions and this is more the norm price for a model of that age and mileage unless someone needs to get rid asap.

15 hours ago, Eame64 said:

By far the most expensive car that dealer is selling which seems a bit odd.

The eBay add is dodgy. Look at the seller and the calibre of cars he has advertised. I think it’s a scam and he’s taken the images from the genuine AutoTrader ad. I’ve seen this done before on eBay

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

The eBay add is dodgy. Look at the seller and the calibre of cars he has advertised. I think it’s a scam and he’s taken the images from the genuine AutoTrader ad. I’ve seen this done before on eBay. 

Some dealers recently have had their eBay accounts hijacked.

It's a very clever scam.

Scammer sends the dealer a message saying they want to PX their car, they say the car is on eBay, have a look. They supply a link to the px.

Dealer clicks on the link and is shown the log in page for eBay, it looks very genuine.

The dealer enters their user name and password to see the car being Px'd, it even takes them to a car ad on eBay that looks genuine so at this point the dealer doesn't know they've given away their user details and password.

In the meantime the scammer posts up some ads for an unusually cheap car and takes several £500 deposits of people before it's all closed down.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but it's going on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1