Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time to officially introduce myself after a couple of posts.

I've just purchased  KM11EFO from Lexus Coventry. As most of you will know, it used to belong to MarkG. I considered all the usual candidates, C63, M3 etc but looking at the forums with all the trouble they seem to have, the IFS seemed the best choice. With a years warranty, and the option of a further 2, it was a no brainer.

The 'fuel economy' and insurance cost was also a consideration, after driving a Prius as a taxi for many years. I'm retired now and wanted some fun.

Driving home from Coventry I managed 28.6 mpg. Driving down to Devon 29.6, and returning, with a bit of 'playing', 30.6 mpg. Well pleased. I'm obviously not trying hard enough!!!!

Insurance. Seems being an old git pays dividends. Saga, fully comp, 13 years NCD, £239.27. ( I did check this many times) Yep £2.11p more than my Prius!!!!!! which I'm keeping as a town runaround.

Well Mark, thanks for looking after it, be assured it's gone to a good home to be cherished.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

Time to officially introduce myself after a couple of posts.

I've just purchased  KM11EFO from Lexus Coventry. As most of you will know, it used to belong to MarkG. I considered all the usual candidates, C63, M3 etc but looking at the forums with all the trouble they seem to have, the IFS seemed the best choice. With a years warranty, and the option of a further 2, it was a no brainer.

The 'fuel economy' and insurance cost was also a consideration, after driving a Prius as a taxi for many years. I'm retired now and wanted some fun.

Driving home from Coventry I managed 28.6 mpg. Driving down to Devon 29.6, and returning, with a bit of 'playing', 30.6 mpg. Well pleased. I'm obviously not trying hard enough!!!!

Insurance. Seems being an old git pays dividends. Saga, fully comp, 13 years NCD, £239.27. ( I did check this many times) Yep £2.11p more than my Prius!!!!!! which I'm keeping as a town runaround.

Well Mark, thanks for looking after it, be assured it's gone to a good home to be cherished.

Welcome!

Beautiful car.

I will say however, it’s not as fast as Silver ISFs 😜

When trundling around, providing you dont get stick in heavy traffic, the mpg and general docility/ease of cruising for a track bred 5.0 is quite fantastic.

Enjoy and glad to find another enthusiast owner, we hate them going into the wrong hands!

Yes, I am an enthusiast. Previous cars in no particular order. Frogeye Sprite, MGB GT, Stag, RS 2000, 5 x XR4i, Ro80, Scimitar GTE, Triumph Vitesse......

Hi Paul and congratulations on your purchase of the ISF.

looking at some of your previous cars it would be interesting to know which MK RS you had and also was the vitesse the convertible?

We all love pics so if you have any we'd love to see them.

Congrats on the purchase, I had a quick nose around it while it was at Coventry Lexus, looked fab! Sounds like you had very similar reasoning for buying as I had, you won't regret it, it's a very special car. 

I've had 33mpg out of mine a few times on my mainly motorway commute, it's surprisingly frugal if you don't get caught in stop/start traffic. 

I too had a Vittess convertible back in the late 60's. It was the 6 cylinder 1600cc version that was later replaced with the more commonly known 2ltr engine. 

John.

20 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

Hi Paul and congratulations on your purchase of the ISF.

looking at some of your previous cars it would be interesting to know which MK RS you had and also was the vitesse the convertible?

We all love pics so if you have any we'd love to see them.

1 hour ago, PRT68 said:

Yes, I am an enthusiast. Previous cars in no particular order. Frogeye Sprite, MGB GT, Stag, RS 2000, 5 x XR4i, Ro80, Scimitar GTE, Triumph Vitesse......

Welcome Paul, as I have already said, great to see the car in the hands of a petrol head.

I bet the Ro80 ownership was interesting to say the least................

A few words of caution, there are members on here that will try and bring you over to the dark side, enticing you with words like "Silver" and "Carbon", they will hypnotise you with arguments about Unleaded and Super Unleaded fuels..........................and if all this fails they will ply you with Coffee and Cake, you must stay away from these people who go by the names of @Flytvr and @Big Rat and their cohorts.

No doubt they will emerge soon.............................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, the NSU Ro80 was interesting. Very ahead of it's time, and mine was converted to the Ford V4 engine .Good in some ways, not in others...The clutch and gearbox took some getting used to. Or at least no clutch. Touching the gear knob was all it took. Pulling away, you had to remove your hand from the gear lever to move forwards, or you sat there reving!

The RS 2000 was a MK2. Red with black vinyl roof, shovel front and fishnet headrests. Must be worth a fortune now.

The Vitesse was a 69 MK2 saloon, white, imitation rostyles etc. Purchased from an auction in sad condition. Got in it, thought 'this is quick' and then spun it at the first roundabout! Looked around it carefully next morning to discover a 2.5 conversion. There were 3 crossply tyres and one radial on the rear. Nuff said!! 

Sadly no pics, pre digital days

Got offered a 68 vitesse back in the early eighties as a swap for my mint Vauxhall vx490 MK1,but declined as the condition was poor.

Was hoping you had the MK1 RS which in my eyes is still the best.

(Library Pic.)

800px-Vauxhall_VX_4-90_reg_Nov_1968.jpg

3 hours ago, emjay82 said:

Nice example you purchased there, well loved by the previous owner 👍. 2.5 years down the line my ISF still impresses me! Happy motoring! 😀 

Awww thanks mate...........................

Welcome to the club - you are clearly a sensible man with good taste 😉

They are a brilliant car so fun times ahead👍🏻

• Like 2

they will hypnotise you with arguments about Unleaded and Super Unleaded fuels

Yeah, you wouldn't want to put the wrong one in would you Mark?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

[mention=61287]PRT68[/mention] Paul just ignore what [mention=54609]Mark G[/mention] says about cake and coffee myself and [mention=56229]Flytvr[/mention] are seasoned warriors stripped down for all and any type of combat....... and here's the proof we're in training.......

Pair of cream puffs - oh no I see now a normal slice of cake.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 6/27/2018 at 5:22 PM, Eame64 said:

Got offered a 68 vitesse back in the early eighties as a swap for my mint Vauxhall vx490 MK1,but declined as the condition was poor.

Was hoping you had the MK1 RS which in my eyes is still the best.

(Library Pic.)

800px-Vauxhall_VX_4-90_reg_Nov_1968.jpg

remembering ..........  I had a super, fantastic metallic light blue Vauxhall VX 2300 S estate, ( YUG 600S maybe ) a super straight 6 engine I believe, I had it at 3 years old, fabulous and quick ( for those days ) bags of family room and a lovely car to drive too .....  ex-wife had it in the settlement in '84 just as the front wings were dropping off with the rust.  Don't think it lasted her too long ( how sad eh ! )

I was left with the other family car ( on finance :Jumpy:) my W reg saloon Ford Cortina  2.3 Ghia   ( OKM181W ? )...  that too seemed a fabulous quick car in it's day

sorry I reminisce when guys talk about their beloveds :rolleyes:

Malc

• Like 1