Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

PSA: Certain 2006-2014 Lexus Models Recalled Over V6 Engine Issue

Lexus has announced a safety recall of certain 2006-2013 models equipped with the 3.5L 2GR-FSE V6 engine — here’s a breakdown of the vehicles affected:

• 2006-2013 IS 350 • 2010-2014 IS 350C • 2007-2011 GS 350 • 2007-2011 GS 450h

The issue revolves around the diaphragm material in the fuel pulsation dampers of the engine. These components may harden and crack over time, causing fuel to leak and increasing the risk of a vehicle fire

Reference; https://lexusenthusiast.com/2018/06/26/certain-2006-2014-lexus-models-recalled-over-v6-engine-issue/

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases/lexus+is+conducting+a+safety+recall+involving+certain+lexus+is+and+gs+vehicles.htm

• Like 4

Well spotted Lee.

That press release was from Lexus USA. Do we have any clarity on whether UK spec Lexi are affected and if so whether our cars will be recalled?

My own 2008 GS450 fits into the affected window according to the US press release.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

But the same issue?

Well, not exactly the same, just a different part of the fuel system?

Seems these models suffer from a poorly installed/designed/material specs fuel system?

That sounds awfully like the rcf/gsf recall. Pulsation damper was on the tech sheet but not the press release. Surely these denso pumps are fitted to other brands cars.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

But the same issue?

Well, not exactly the same, just a different part of the fuel system?

Seems these models suffer from a poorly installed/designed/material specs fuel system?

I'm not sure at this point but it would be interesting to know how these 2 recalls differ.

Your comment about the number of recalls got me curious and it seems the GS450H isn't one of the high models recalled by Lexus.  At a count of 7 it's the same as the IS-F :whistling: with the RX300 having the highest at 35 :tongue_ss:

Check the second set of stats here; https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Lexus/problems-recalls-complaints, which list each model and also summarises the model totals. It's a shame the data stops at 2015 though.  On the base of that data I'd buy a RX450H.

The figures are what they are and I'm not looking to start an arm chair campaign :tomato: I was just interested to see how the Lexus recalls stacked up.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...