Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

59 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

If you want to do the full flush and refill you are looking nearer 20 Litres, if you are planning the sump drain and refill method x 5 10 Litres will cover it.

just draining the oil, changing the stainer along with radiator and the pipes.

• 2 weeks later...

Draining through drain hole and filling only get you about 1.8 litres or so each time. If you drain and fill and want to exchange the oil you will need to do it multiple times with some driving in between. I did it 6 times when I bought My LS . The full capacity is ca 8 litres.  After 6 drain/fill you have ballpark 80% new oil in it.  I use MOBIL1 ATF 3309  works very well 

I did mine with 10 litres. Disconnected the cooler line from the transmission radiator into a container and pumped a litre at a time out running the engine. Then refill via dipstick tube. Ran clean after 10 litres. Little mixing of old and new oil and it gets the oil out of the torque converter.  Think I saw the tutorial on lexls.com . Hope that makes sense!

10 hours ago, Matt1986 said:

I did mine with 10 litres. Disconnected the cooler line from the transmission radiator into a container and pumped a litre at a time out running the engine. Then refill via dipstick tube. Ran clean after 10 litres. Little mixing of old and new oil and it gets the oil out of the torque converter.  Think I saw the tutorial on lexls.com . Hope that makes sense!

in the end I just drained it from the sump, opened the sump took the stainer out and left it over night, we had around 6 litres come out, just topped the same amount back up. 

If I didnt have to take the sump off I would have done it by the above method.

7 hours ago, LS road runner said:

in the end I just drained it from the sump, opened the sump took the stainer out and left it over night, we had around 6 litres come out, just topped the same amount back up. 

If I didnt have to take the sump off I would have done it by the above method.

And changed the radiator with the pipes from sump to radiator so we lost some fluid out of there too.

Topped up 6 litres, have done about 100 or so miles since, the car is back at the garage now for fluid level check.