Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quicksilver Exhaust Rcf group buy no2

I have been warned about the cold starts.

Still, I rarely start my car early mornings. I am either walking to get a train or working from home.

I am sure my neighbours can live with a 10am + start on the weekends.

12 minutes ago, Silkmen said:

Enjoy the exhaust, it's night and day compared to the stock exhaust. However it does drone and I have to get the speed just right on motorways to minise drone.

Strange you should have that experience, all the feedback above report no drone during cruise.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:15 PM, BillNick said:

Strange you should have that experience, all the feedback above report no drone during cruise.

There is drone with QS exhaust...... actually,  every after market F exhaust. Very evident at points in the rev range.

if you listen carefully, even the stock exhaust has a faint drone, after market exhausts just amplify this.

Realistically, switchable is the only way to go.

1 minute ago, BillNick said:

Well, the pipes are on and I’m over the moon. Sounds just as a V8 should.

Not been on the motorway yet though....I’m sure the pros will outweigh the cons.

0B639E6E-36BB-42FB-96D3-97D1FAC15071.jpeg

You don’t need to drive on motorway to hear the drone. Unfortunately it’s at its worst when you attempt to make medium progress.

Oh yeh ok I can relate to what you are talking about having already driven some miles "around town".

That's not bothering me....but a 2hr + stint droning on the motorway might become an issue.

Early days and I am over the moon 🙂

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

Oh yeh ok I can relate to what you are talking about having already driven some miles "around town".

That's not bothering me....but a 2hr + stint droning on the motorway might become an issue.

Early days and I am over the moon 🙂

You'll be totally fine on the motorway at around 70 👌

On the boil, they are epic 🙂

Tbh I no longer take my RCF on the motorway as the QS exhaust does my nut it when cruising at approx 80 mph. Every time I encounter an incline it drones like no tomorrow and I have to adjust my speed accordingly to remove the drone. Now I only drive it at the weekends and keep it high in the rev range to get the best out of the exhaust.

I take the the diesel A Class every time I'm on the motorway. QS exhaust on the RCF removes the GT element of the car, however  I'm glad I've got it, but it certainly isn't perfect by any stretch.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Silkmen said:

Tbh I no longer take my RCF on the motorway as the QS exhaust does my nut it when cruising at approx 80 mph. Every time I encounter an incline it drones like no tomorrow and I have to adjust my speed accordingly to remove the drone. Now I only drive it at the weekends and keep it high in the rev range to get the best out of the exhaust.

I take the the diesel A Class every time I'm on the motorway. QS exhaust on the RCF removes the GT element of the car, however  I'm glad I've got it, but it certainly isn't perfect by any stretch.

Hoping it won't annoy me enough, or I wont be on the motorway enough for it to bother me and want it removed.

Went out again today, loving it. Windows down at all times! haha