Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, 

D2S or D2R HID bulbs

Getting conflicting info from various bulb sites. Looking at the headlights it seems they are reflecting but want to be sure before parting with substantial amount of £££....

Looking forward to my 1st ever Lexus ownership, such a beast to drive :)

thank heavens I only have, quite extraordinarily for these times,   " Ordinary "   headlight bulbs in my Mk3 ................. cost about a fiver each and last for donkeys years and actually give out pretty good illumination too :wink:

Oh for simplicity eh !

Malc

15 hours ago, swider said:

D2S or D2R bulbs type for my 2001 Lexus LS 430... ( headlight dipped beam HID )

On my 2002 LS430 it was D2R. You need to change them as a pair or it'll be very noticeable.  If you're not risking Chinese ones from eBay Halfords have them for about £55 each.

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

On my 2002 LS430 it was D2R. You need to change them as a pair or it'll be very noticeable.  If you're not risking Chinese ones from eBay Halfords have them for about £55 each.

Thanks for the answer. I thought it was D2R as there is a noticeable difference between reflecting and projectale headlights ( got those in my other car ). I usually get my headlight bulbs from PowerBulbs, would never buy Chinese :).

11 minutes ago, swider said:

Thanks for the answer. I thought it was D2R as there is a noticeable difference between reflecting and projectale headlights ( got those in my other car ). I usually get my headlight bulbs from PowerBulbs, would never buy Chinese :).

A pain to do if you leave the headlights in place because you can't see anything!  I got my phone down and took photos so I didn't have to rely just on feel. Don't forget to allow them to discharge for a few mins or else you'll get a sticky up hairdo!

• Like 1