Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys - my 18s go on my 98 LS this week. I have a feeling I'll want to lower the front by 1-2" afterwards. It seems hard to find springs over this side of the pond. I can't afford to import and i certainly can't afford coilovers at the moment. Anyone had any luck? 

I don't think there are any lowering springs available, I've not seen any when I've looked. Don't bother importing from the states for a sub brand. I have bc's on mine with 30 way adjustable damping, have got it set on 10 from the softest also on 18s and the ride is very comfortable. They are a bit more pricey but with coilovers you always hear buy cheap buy twice !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It’s a shame - the h&r springs which were only available in the US are NLA since March last year, they would have been perfect.

So if not coilovers, I guess cutting new springs is the only option, not something I’d entertain.

As they say , never cut spring 

find a good mechine shop 

get them to make lowering blocks  25mm that will mount on the front strut and rear strut 

that all you need , with your stock springs 

car drops ,and you dont lose your ride comfort 

I made mine 25x25. ,used the stock inserts, and bought longer ht steal bolts 

carried out the work within an hour , so not difficult 

you can buy the on e bay as well but the come from the US and it was 3 day delivery 

On 6/30/2018 at 10:13 AM, Connor2x4 said:

I don't think there are any lowering springs available, I've not seen any when I've looked. Don't bother importing from the states for a sub brand. I have bc's on mine with 30 way adjustable damping, have got it set on 10 from the softest also on 18s and the ride is very comfortable. They are a bit more pricey but with coilovers you always hear buy cheap buy twice !

What spring rates did you go for?

They came with a preset weight which I think is 12kgf on the fronts and 8kgf on the back. Would have to check and get back to you on that

David i don't know if this might help at all

When i bought my Mk3 from ACLex in 2011  ( he's still on here somewhere I believe ) he had changed my car to DHP stuff and I bought it from him re-converted back to original spec.

If you contact him I guess he might be able to give you some useful info on this subject

Malc

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Daveyboy20 said:

If I just get a set of dhp springs will it drop a bit?

20mm i believe - that's if you can still buy them.

I read that the DHP stuff is all NLA - ARBs, Springs, Shocks