Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Service Loaner

Over on the 'F' car forum whilst my Rcf is at Lexus Cheltenham having some work I did a thread on the Gt86 I've had for a week, that car has gone back as there is a buyer for it so this was delivered to me yesterday as a replacement as my car will be about another week.

IMG_4260.thumb.JPG.9650f8d2ab5d0492389344f34474e3d6.JPGIMG_4261.thumb.JPG.23639d4af9247e9426f52595c720f2d1.JPGIMG_4259.thumb.JPG.6e2a5a43ad5824608e2229b796e8dd6b.JPG

I must say I am mightily impressed with the car, the colour to my eye is lovely sorry about the picture quality, I'd I've included a badge picture as I noticed it's two tone, not being familiar with the model is this a new thing or something specific to the model.

My short time with the car has been most enjoyable, last night from home with friends over the Mendip Hills in Somerset to Bath and motorways back a very capable package IMO.

Big Rat

Two-tone badge signifies all Lexus Hybrids .Agree about the colour, shame so many cars now are 50 shaded of grey. I saw an IS last night in Mesa (?) red, and in the June sunshine under bright blue skies it looked absolutely stunning.

• Like 1

Thanx for the badge answer, yes I would imagine in this weather the Mesa would look pretty spectacular.

In fact on the way up to the M4 a few cars ahead was a Sonic Titanium Is300 looked great as well.

🐀

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Thanx for the badge answer, yes I would imagine in this weather the Mesa would look pretty spectacular.

In fact on the way up to the M4 a few cars ahead was a Sonic Titanium Is300 looked great as well.

🐀

Yep the badge is the same on all hybrid models.

Hate sonic titanium with a passion unless on something rare, like an RC-F! Otherwise its quite dull and seems to always look dirty.

That blue colour is great and a shame its not available on the F-Sport really. Would look great with a White F-Sport interior - if they did that on the IS that is!

• Like 1

I've been very impressed with every car in the Lexus range I've had on loan. When I had an IS I couldn't help but wonder why there aren't more on the roads, rather than the ubiquitous and (IMHO) much overrated BMW 3-Series and Audi A4. Perhaps with diesel falling out of favour that'll start to change.

On the paint front, my own NX - currently with the dealer having side protection strips fitted - is Mesa Red. I've never owned a car with such a sparkle in the sun which is simply amazing. Mind you, the new RX Sport I've got this weekend in pearl black is also pretty impressive!

IMG_0221.thumb.JPG.df30fcd43bccb5df0bbbb130090f6d0d.JPGIMG_0220.thumb.JPG.877eed4a5bdf90e32d1bcf8de2b33b7d.JPG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@First_Lexus Ed looks great and agree with the product range, I'm particularly impressed how they've managed to achieve that kind of finish with the metallics.

🐀

@Big Rat I don't normally like black cars, but this RX - wow!

@rayaans On a side note, last time I had an RX loaner it was an F-Sport and I was underwhelmed. This Sport version though rides better, seems much quieter and generally is much more refined and comfortable than my memory of the F-Sport. Suddenly I understand the love for the RX, although I still find it too big for my tastes and needs. I'll likely find that the suspension and ride on the Sport and F-Sport are the same (they can't be, surely?) and this is perhaps me getting used to Lexus as a range after years with Honda. Regardless, the RX I have this weekend is a fantastic car.

Just now, Mr Vlad said:

Pearl Black Ed? Me thinks that's the most superb colour Celestial Black.

No chance. That colours been out of the lineup for a while now.

Graphite black. Which actually ends up looking dark grey

• Thanks 1

Has it Rayaans? Lexus Leeds have a paint sample of it in the paint colour display. But I don't know the colour range Lexus have. Shame if the fact that Celestial Black is no longer available. 

Quite correct @rayaans

Having looked it up on the Lexus website it is indeed Graphite Black, and very beautiful it is too. The Autotrader ad for the exact car I'm driving has it correct, even if the description says it's an F-Sport (which it isn't). The dealer keyring just says 'Pearl Black RX' which I guess is a fair description...ish!

@First_Lexus Ed I've tried to zoom in on the wheels of your NX are they a black or an anthracite? 

The finish is it a Matt or I'm guessing a satin, one of the reasons mine is in for work is to the wheels being refurbished as I want a change from the standard Rcf wheel,and the look of yours is the finish I'm after.

🐀

@Big Rat

The wheels are a standard flat black finish. If you look at the top spoke I've wiped away the dirt! Not satin or matt, they've the same finish as other Sport models from the recent Lexus range. I've got a new set in the same finish for my Winter tyres.

IMG_0222.thumb.JPG.77634a65c5ecd53342753c178f29c97b.JPG

• Like 1

@First_Lexus Ed Ah right thanks for that I didn't want to be presumptuous about the finish initially 😂

Ive decided on what's called a A virtual Matt finish posh speak for dull black this will preclude me from worrying about dirty wheels in winter.

But seriously I am a firm advocate for winters Got sets in the workshop for my works transit and wife's car.

But at £1800.00 a wheel for the Rcf I'm waiting for an eBay set I can refurb, yours look great by the way style wise.

🐀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links