Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scuffed Alloy Wheel - Any recommendations for a mobile repair in Liverpool

So I finally bought my first IS250 SE-L. It's great. Upon driving to work, dodged a rather large pothole, but then scuffed my alloy wheel as I didn't realise how close to the kerb it was. 😡 Its. I am going to try and clean it tonight, see what I can achieve with a little polish to at least clean it up.  But the car is covered by a Lexus 12 month warranty, as I bought it from the main dealer. Do you think they will repair the wheel? Or shall I just get the repair done?

• Like 1

I would think you have no chance of getting it fixed under warranty.

If it's not too bad, sand down the damaged area to get it as smooth as you can (doesn't need to be perfect) then touch it up with matching paint - something like Halfords Wheel Silver, maybe, if your wheels are the original colour, or look in the car paint greys or whatever if they have been refinished in something darker. You might need to experiment a bit to get a good match - perhaps even mix two colours. Be careful not to get paint on the tyre - that looks awful.

Then it will hardly show. It won't be your last scuff. Eventually your wheels will blister (if they haven't already) or get altogether too scuffed and then you can think about a proper wheel refurb job.

If it is really bad, you could contact a local smart repair operator, but that's relatively expensive and as I said, it won't be the last scuff - wheels with low profile tyres scuff very easily.

So I finally bought my first IS250 SE-L. It's great. Upon driving to work, dodged a rather large pothole, but then scuffed my alloy wheel as I didn't realise how close to the kerb it was. [emoji35] Its. I am going to try and clean it tonight, see what I can achieve with a little polish to at least clean it up.  But the car is covered by a Lexus 12 month warranty, as I bought it from the main dealer. Do you think they will repair the wheel? Or shall I just get the repair done?

Try mobile car crafts in Liverpool. He’s names jay. He seems really good. I’m in Liverpool too [emoji1303]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I will give the wheel a clean tonight, then just try it with some polish. I dont want to buy one of those kits from Halfords, in case I mess up the wheel. I will try car crafts as they seem good, and are mobile. 

• Like 1

I will give the wheel a clean tonight, then just try it with some polish. I dont want to buy one of those kits from Halfords, in case I mess up the wheel. I will try car crafts as they seem good, and are mobile. 

My mate also does powder coating. I could ask him if you want

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, kellogsj said:

My mate also does powder coating. I could ask him if you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great.

1 hour ago, kellogsj said:

Let me know if you want to get them powder coated, and I’ll ring my mate for you. I’m in the swan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay thanks. I have given Car Crafts a phone. They reckon ÂŁ50 to sort it. But powercoating could be better.

• Like 1