Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Micro Compressor

resolver

Bought for A$400. For the skeptics out there, I had one put in my wife's 1.5 lancer and had the car on the dyno before and after...

The Dyno read 50KW off the flywheel and 55 KW after adding the compressor...

For that kind of $$$ I think it is quite good... and it keeps the car quite standardised... :D

Will put my IS200 on the dyno when I get some time... :geek:

Bought for A$400. For the skeptics out there, I had one put in my wife's 1.5 lancer and had the car on the dyno before and after...

The Dyno read 50KW off the flywheel and 55 KW after adding the compressor...

For that kind of $$$ I think it is quite good... and it keeps the car quite standardised... :D

Will put my IS200 on the dyno when I get some time... :geek:

5kw is hardly the 35% increase in power that the manufacturers claim is it?

In fact the whole of the advertisement is so misleading that it would be illegal in the UK. The term "compressor" is misleading because no compression takes place during the course of it's function. This statement "the driven air will be split off by the 27 ways, air separator and subsequently penetrate at bottleneck point, thus the completeness of compression mechanism will perfectly fulfilled " is wrong because the combustion process occurs inside the cylinders and is not affected by a tiny venturi connected to the inlet manifold. A venturi is only of any use in a carburettor where it is required to create a depression (vacuum) to draw fuel into the carburettor, or in fuel injected engines where the intake port runners are too big and the gas speed is too slow. This device is not large enough and cannot flow enough air to affect this parameter.

I have seen and tested this sort of thing before and find it hard to believe even the 10% improvement you got.

Reminds me of the outrageous claims that those guys that make the electric turbo kits claim. They always lose power when we test them, but they sell shed loads of them.

looking at the picture there is no " compression" at all - for air to go thru the "bottleneck" velocity increases, temperature decreases and PRESSURE DECREASES - basic aerodynamic theory (Bernoulli's law) which is indisputable.

As for the bit about the magnet, it may well charge the atoms/ions, but you will need a magnet so strong and about the size of a house to keep the ions charged in that state for them to reach the combustion chamber in said state.

also mmmm lets see now - new member 1st fews posts about how great a product is.......... :unsure:

air will be split off by the 27 ways, air separator and subsequently penetrate at bottleneck point, thus the completeness of compression mechanism will perfectly fulfilled " is wrong because the combustion process occurs inside the cylinders and is not affected by a tiny venturi connected to the inlet manifold. A venturi is only of any use in a carburettor where it is required to create a depression (vacuum) to draw fuel into the carburettor, or in fuel injected engines where the intake port runners are too big and the gas speed is too slow
:blink:

Isn't the Venturi made by Toyota?

Power is directly proportional to the volume (CFM) and speed (m/second) of the intake charge. This device cannot significantly change either of these parameters.

Theoretically the higher the volume of air the more power, and the higher the air speed the more power. Sadly, if you make the intake bigger for more volume, the air speed slows down (think of the difference between blowing down a drain pipe then down a straw - the air will come out of the straw much faster). Gas flowing and porting, and designing intake systems is a precise science (if you know what you are doing) to balance volume and speed.

A venturi in a fuel injected inlet system in a total waste of time unless the intake ports are too big to start with, which is very unusual (the Honda B16 Vtec is an exception). If the intake were too big a correctly sized venturi (or more accurately a port reducer) would be useful in each intake port (6 on an is200). One small venturi for the whole engine is a total waste of time.