Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cigarette lighter fuse issue

I noticed on the test drive that the cigarette lighter wasn't working, knew it would just be a fuse and finally got around to dealing with the issue today.  Found the relevant fuse under the drivers side in the white box although it was proper stuck, got hold of a fuse blade removal tool and pulled it out, minus the fuse prongs!! 😕  

As anyone who has tried to access that fuse box will tell you, it's bloody tight and access is very difficult even with the seat all the way back.  Therefor, I'm guessing my chances of getting those prongs out are pretty slim!

Thinking it will be easier to add a new cigarette lighter and wire it to one of the empty spaces in that fuse box and was wondering if anyone knows of an empty position that works only with ignition on?

Any help appreciated.

What about needle-nose pliers to grab what's left of the broken fuse? Would that not work?

I know what you mean about the lack of access. I spent ages in the footwell of my car yesterday, in searing heat, trying to change a relay that's located way up, well past the fuse box. I'm still tender in a few places 24 hrs later!

Are you trying to work in that area with the lower trim panel still attached to the OBD II socket etc and constantly getting in the way? If so, I would highly recommend disconnecting all the sockets/cables attached to it so you can get it out of the way altogether. It makes things much easier.

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2018 at 1:56 PM, baviaannl said:

As anyone who has tried to access that fuse box will tell you, it's bloody tight and access is very difficult even with the seat all the way back.

I have just replaced that very fuse, and I agree .. it's very difficult to access the fuse box.  I can't believe that Lexus put an important fuse box in such an awkward location! I have owned Italian, German, and American cars before .... all of them have fuse boxes in sensible locations! 😉

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links