Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greasing pins to reduce brake squeal RX450h

Started getting light ‘whispering’ noise on two of the wheels and an increase in brake dust so I think the brakes might be rubbing. I’ve not attempted to take the calipers and pins off before but I’ve read all the guidance on this forum.

I need to try and free things up this weekend as I’m taking the car to the south coast on Monday for the family holiday. As I don’t have any of the parts I’m hoping to just remove everything, clean it grease and refit. I’m hoping it will all go back as I don’t have time to order spares. 

I’m wondering what grease I can use, can I get away in the short term with using Copaslip or Aluslip on the pins? It only has to work for a week, before I can get the parts if necessary.

thanks for any advice.

Well i took all four wheels off and found that the front boot was split spewing grease down the passenger side of the car. Front brakes ok, but backs were stiff and not sign of anti seize anywhere.

Thought I’d get Kwikfit to change the boot but they refused, saying they can’t work on hybrids as they don’t have plastic tools!!! Either the biggest  or they just didn’t want the job.

KwikRip......you wouldn't have expected anything else would you? If you want a Tyre or a back box fitting then OK but anything other that that you now realise it's Not the first port of call to say the least!

'Plastic Tools'!!!!! What's that...for plastic mechanics!!!!! You can however get 'Insulated Tools' but sounds like a BS statement so as to not do the low profit work.

paul m.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links