Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So i new my wheels were in bad condition and negotiated into the sale price. I was planning to get the wheels professionally refurbished but two places i tried did not have a loaner set of wheels that would fit. 

I decided to try refurbishing the spare wheel myself as a start This also had some Kerb rash and corrision on the dish of the wheel. The plan is  to use a Dremel with a sanding bit to smooth out the leading edge and then sand by hand  the full face of the wheel with 500/1000/1200 grit. then apply 2 coats of grey undercoat, sanding between coats, and them 2 coats of colour and 1 clear coat laquer

The inner dish will just get one coat of each layer.

Today i cleaned the wheel the best i could would some wheel cleaner i had there which wasnt great so the back of the spokes still need some attention before painting 

Here is the wheel after a clean, you can see some nice kerbing scuffs:

e4zXZ4O.jpg

0QizGGQ.jpg

HENtawW.jpg

Lip after a few minutes of the Dremel:

zbmrcxB.jpg

F841074.jpg

4EMDGyQ.jpg

I didnt have the correct grade of sand paper so, ill finish that off tomorrow and some more cleaning to get everything as smooth as possible for undercoat layers

• Like 1

This is a professional job. Bite the bullet. £60-70- each. Leave the car at the refurbishes for 2 days. Go and pick it up, and marvel at the difference.

£300 tops. Pay and walk away amazed.