Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got my 'F' Back

Picked her up this afternoon, I knew I'd missed her journey is usually an hour or so back from Cheltenham took three hours.........:whistling1:IMG_4318.thumb.JPG.d8d646c04f1578c385089fe7230b7f7e.JPGIMG_4321.thumb.JPG.f198259702e0835d6163ecf0cbfe60eb.JPGIMG_4322.thumb.JPG.169e80e1415ab7914819141521c18221.JPGIMG_4323.thumb.JPG.bc949336b21bd9f2c11045928faace84.JPGIMG_4327.thumb.JPG.e966fb7478b4208739b751e1c44df690.JPG Anyway the boys at Lexus have done a cracking job on her and I'm immensely pleased, so a Big thankyou to Lawrence and Paul the techie guys and Sam and Alex in service for  all there hard work, in getting the colours and finish I wanted.

So with our further ado here she is......... 

Big Rat

• Like 11

Hmm sitting in the fence with this one....

Not to my tastes but heyho. 

I presume you went with the yellow calipers to match the cheese that you love?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like these RCF wheels, regardless of colour and I don't mind the Batman look with the yellow calipers, but the tyres need dressed with something that'll make them look darker.

This is the issue I had when my car had really dark wheels. It only looked decent to me when the tyres were were proper black and shiny. Black wheel and gray/brown tyre just looks wrong to me.

Just my tuppence worth. It sounds like you're happy with the results, and that's all that matters. :smile:

• Thanks 1

I like it Ratty!

An Individual approach and certainly an improvement on the stock look. I agree with a few others that I'm not a fan of the OEM wheels in diamond cut form but the blacked out version looks ace. Very "OEM+" in my opinion and that colour should definitely have been a factory option.

Hope you got a large bag of yellow brake dust to go with those calipers though! They'll take some level of regular cleaning to stay looking like that! 😎 

Meguiars hot tyre Shine and a foam applicator will keep those tyres looking spangly. That'll finish the look off perfectly.

Now all you need is the air ride kit and a season ticket to Tunerfest! Yeehaaa!

Good skills that man.

• Like 1

@NothernDan Oooooh I love divided opinions 😂

But that’s what owning anything is about in my work most in fact virtually all my power tools are Makita, others prefer Bosch or Milwaukee and many prefer De Walt........ hang on a minute where have I seen that colour combo before.....175161F1-C101-4F3B-A69B-6610F6477114.png.d7d5c7892f759d66eb74de986078cc6a.png

Im divided on the look of standard wheel as well and believe a shouty car should have a few shouty bits.

And when I got home the callipers were still bright yellow..........:yahoo:

Big Rat

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Someone of unpleasant character in a position of authority.
@Big Rat time to fit ceramic low dust pads.

I actually like the oem wheels. So it's interesting to see so many completely wrong opinions. :D

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

@Comedian Dont care about brake dust now got  matt black wheels to hide it...........

Ive no problem with the style of the standard wheel just can’t be bothered to keep it looking shiny spangly looking.......

@Flytvr Dav a power tool is an item that was used to turn your standard Rcf to a modified one a while back........

🐀

[mention=54052]Comedian[/mention] Dont care about brake dust now got  matt black wheels to hide it...........

[emoji232]

I was thinking about your calipers mainly.

Are they matt?

I can probably bring you a tub of tyre shine to goodwood. I get it real cheap in 5ltr tin before it goes to various retail companies to have different labels stuck on small quantities with different names :D

@Big Rat Nice one, Paul. 😎

I'm quite a fan of the darker finish on wheels. Certainly find mine hides the dust very well but they also very easy to keep clean. Get yourself some Wheel Woolies 👍

• Like 1

I've got it - I think its the matt black finish that doesn't look right to me. Would probably have opted for gloss black or titanium to break it up a bit.

Yellow calipers for me look odd on the RC-F - I was expecting orange!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@rayaans It’s my bad I keep calling it matt black up close it does have a sheen to it, photos not brilliant on an Iphone, the yellow yes I know these things are always going to divide.

But that’s ok by me, the Orange I did consider it and the ‘F’ Blue I was always curious why the Gsf had a colour and the RCF was black anyone know the answer ?

🐀

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

@Big Rat Nice one, Paul. 😎

I'm quite a fan of the darker finish on wheels. Certainly find mine hides the dust very well but they also very easy to keep clean. Get yourself some Wheel Woolies 👍

@NemesisUK Thanks Peter I do like a dark wheel ala ISF, wheel woolies I shall look into that 👍

🐀

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

I was thinking about your calipers mainly.

Are they matt?

I can probably bring you a tub of tyre shine to goodwood. I get it real cheap in 5ltr tin before it goes to various retail companies to have different labels stuck on small quantities with different names 😄

@Comedian Thanks matey my car cleaning skills will soon know no bounds 😳

😳

20 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

I was always curious why the Gsf had a colour and the RCF was black anyone know the answer ?

It is a bit odd given the GS is an understated saloon and RC has much more in your face styling where orange callipers would be more expected. I can only assume it is to do with cost and that the GS has a higher spec throughout.

In the US both the GS and RC have black as standard, both having orange as a $300 option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@rayaans It’s my bad I keep calling it matt black up close it does have a sheen to it, photos not brilliant on an iPhone, the yellow yes I know these things are always going to divide.

But that’s ok by me, the Orange I did consider it and the ‘F’ Blue I was always curious why the Gsf had a colour and the RCF was black anyone know the answer ?

🐀

2017RCF20_1280.jpg

I do like the orange on a black RC-F though!

• Like 1

Hi all:thumbsup:

The wheels look ok but I personally don't like black off any sort on wheels I prefer silver, my car came with a light grey which is ok not my choice but will do until they need refurbishing then will either be the same or silver the calipers look different  in the Dewalt yellow :whistling:and the orange are something different again.:yes:

65mike

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

It is a bit odd given the GS is an understated saloon and RC has much more in your face styling where orange callipers would be more expected. I can only assume it is to do with cost and that the GS has a higher spec throughout.

In the US both the GS and RC have black as standard, both having orange as a $300 option.

@ColinBarber I knew I could rely on you Colin so in essence I’m partly right and I’m also helping out Lexus with their finances 😂

🐀

That's a mean looking machine, I'd move out of the way if I saw it coming (which I wouldn't do at the moment as Vision Express let me down this week)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1