Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

gold membership discounts on TOC forum

200h

just thought i would share this bit of info with you all.

i have just purchased the gold membership through the toyota forum so i can get the

15% discount card for Halfords as thats where i buy my meguairs car cleaning products

from we also have a toyota so i can hopefully get reduced servicing & parts costs for this car

and all it cost using code "code15" is £13.56

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, sorcerer said:

Do you not find that Halfords are way overpriced anyway, so that the 15% discount only brings it down to what you pay elsewhere? That's the way it is here.

Quite often they will have specific discount campaigns - right now it's 20% off all Meguiars gear, and they've done the same offer for Autoglym and Auto Finesse in the past, 3 for 2 offers etc. The prices are then discounted by another 15% if you have a discount card.

When I bought some Autoglym UHD shampoo, it was a far more palatable £12 instead of the usual £18 RRP. I don't know where you would find it any cheaper than that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sorcerer said:

Do you not find that Halfords are way overpriced anyway, so that the 15% discount only brings it down to what you pay elsewhere? That's the way it is here.

Yep. And the issue is that there are better products than what Halfords stock. 

Besides who goes and buys 3 products all at once. I certainly dont. I just buy the ones I need at the time the other product run outs

Just a cheeky way of getting you to buy more at their stupidly inflated prices

• Like 1

where i live Halfords is probably the only store that sells the Meguiars products that i like to use

i dont have much choice regarding where i make my purchases we have a motorworld about 5 miles

from me but they dont stock Meguiars so for me Halfords is the only place to go,i have to say if there

was different retailer local to me i would go there instead.

i buy following 3 items in 1 go :-

Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo and Conditioner 1.89 Litre

Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax 473ml

Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection 473ml

i usually pay £59.99 but with the instore offer and the gold

membership discount i would pay £39.72 saving £20.27 so the saving

on this 1 purchase will more than cover the cost of the membership once my card arrives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 200h said:

where i live halfords is probably the only store that sells the meguiars products that i like to use

i dont have much choice regarding where i make my purchases we have a motorworld about 5 miles

from me but they dont stock meguiars so for me halfords is the only place to go,i have to say if there

was different retailer local to me i would go there instead.

There are better products out there which can be bought online. ECP also do Meguiars and have sales on often. CP4L also do them with cheaper prices than ECP. 

I've used almost everything from Meguiars and tbh, bar the endurance gel, everything else is mediocre. You pay for the label.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links