Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been and Gone and Done It...

Should be picking this up at the end of next week providing everything goes O.K.  Pre reg RX Sport with a handful of miles. Now to start memorising the owners manual.

91AD93DD-D99E-4223-B06C-1D0125F030AD.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, C Mclean said:

Should be picking this up at the end of next week providing everything goes O.K.  Pre reg RX Sport with a handful of miles. Now to start memorising the owners manual.

91AD93DD-D99E-4223-B06C-1D0125F030AD.jpeg

Very nice. Looks like Lexus Stockport. One of the better dealerships out there

No point going through the manual. It's all obvious if you've driven a Lexus before, which you have!

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Very nice. Looks like Lexus Stockport. One of the better dealerships out there

No point going through the manual. It's all obvious if you've driven a Lexus before, which you have!

Yes, Lexus Stockport. Liked my IS, but needed something a bit easier to get in and out of, so went for the NX. Found that although the NX is very nice, I just couldn’t gel with it, minor things such as another 2” of adjustment on the steering wheel would have made a big difference to me. Now to get acquainted with the big boy.. Have been advised by the boss that this ones a keeper, or else !!

Good choice. Like you tried the NX. Found the ride so harsh and uncomfortable and within 10 miles my back ached. Also lacked the performance of my GS. 

The RX is so much more comfortable (although I have a late series 3).

Enjoy 🙂

Hi, good luck with the car. Did you say RX Sport? If you mean F sport, I don’t think it is... the F sports have a different grille as far as I can tell from the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good choice @C Mclean

I had an F-Sport RX a few months ago, and couldn't get on with it - too noisy, and with an uncomfortable and hard ride. My standard NX Sport was both quieter and more comfortable. However, having had an RX Sport just a couple of weeks ago, it was a much softer drive - quiet and with a great ride. A totally different car, and much more in keeping with my requirements. 

An RX is no good for me as a bit too big for the lanes where I live - and too high to get in and out of easily with my disability - but a great car all the same. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ISJason said:

Hi, good luck with the car. Did you say RX Sport? If you mean F sport, I don’t think it is... the F sports have a different grille as far as I can tell from the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s the Sport, not “F”, basically the same as the Luxury but with black bits instead of chrome. I think the Sport was released fairly recently.

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Good choice @C Mclean

I had an F-Sport RX a few months ago, and couldn't get on with it - too noisy, and with an uncomfortable and hard ride. My standard NX Sport was both quieter and more comfortable. However, having had an RX Sport just a couple of weeks ago, it was a much softer drive - quiet and with a great ride. A totally different car, and much more in keeping with my requirements. 

An RX is no good for me as a bit too big for the lanes where I live - and too high to get in and out of easily with my disability - but a great car all the same. 

I always found that quite odd.

My RX is an F Sport. It's not "noisier" than the standard one and certainly no louder than an NX. It has exactly the same engine and tyres as a Luxury, just stiffer suspension and different bodywork.  I prefer the ride on the F Sport, firm but not uncomfortable and i find it's much better on roundabouts and high speed stability

Sorry Rayaans, Ihave to disagree on noise of engine in the F  Sport. The sound generator is intrusive under acceleration compared to the Premier I first test drove. I want to remove the generator and replace with the part from a standar RX but its too far back in the engine bay to  do myself so have to live with the annoying noise as not sure Lexus would do it anyway plus not paying thier labour costs to do it. Got the F Sport for the red seats and black roof liner and more agressive styling touches.

Apart from the noisier engine I love the car 

The RX is fabulous and just like you, I also hated the NX, harsh ride and too small for my family, got rid of it after seven months for the 4RX which clocked 2000 miles yesterday.

6 hours ago, chris_fletcher said:

Sorry Rayaans, Ihave to disagree on noise of engine in the F  Sport. The sound generator is intrusive under acceleration compared to the Premier I first test drove. I want to remove the generator and replace with the part from a standar RX but its too far back in the engine bay to  do myself so have to live with the annoying noise as not sure Lexus would do it anyway plus not paying thier labour costs to do it. Got the F Sport for the red seats and black roof liner and more agressive styling touches.

Apart from the noisier engine I love the car 

Mine literally sounds no different to my 3RX which had no sound generator. Probably quieter. Besides, it's a V6 can't say I'm complaining about its noise

So I nipped down to Lexus Stockport on Friday, feeling a bit apprehensive seeing it was Friday 13th, but no dramas. All done and dusted quite quickly with the help of Adrian from the sales dept. Had a nice relaxing journey back home except it started to rain for a while and as a result I was instructed to get the car washed, can’t have it sitting in the drive all dirty, can I ?.

I’ve read the manuals etc, but have a couple of questions that need answering, so hopefully someone will know what to do. 1: Is there any way to stop the radio station details showing at the top of the screen every 20 seconds. 2: Can you stop the Satnav menu showing up every time you switch on.

All in all, delighted with the new purchase.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, C Mclean said:

Had a nice relaxing journey back home except it started to rain for a while

Whats 'rain'?

• Haha 1