Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

We had to attend a funeral last week, and while leaving the car park we were approached by a very well dressed elderly Gentleman

who was not known to us.

He wanted to talk about our LS430 which had the moonroof open and all windows down due to the blistering heat.

He was very interested in our car and informed us that he was a former Lexus Sales Executive at a major dealership before he retired.

Our car is on private plates, but he was able to tell us that it was a 2005 model, and in his view was the best ever model produced by Lexus

around that time.  Its very rare to hear a salesman praise a car unless he's trying to sell it to you.  Some of his comments were  "Solid build"

"Exceptional engineering"  "Built to last ".

We arrived for a funeral feeling sad and pensive,  and left feeling happy and uplifted.  Long may it continue. 

• Like 6

An LS (no matter which model) will always lift the spirits, and attract the best of comments (IMHO).

Went to a sculpture exhibition this weekend, parked up, and on my return found I was facing an Iso Grifo.  Always wanted one when I was a little nipper, but this is the first time I have seen one in the flesh.  My LS (uncleaned though it is) was not put to shame next to such a lovely supercar.I wonder if the Iso is as reliable as the LS?

I will offer some praise to the little light that illuminates the cooler in the rear.  I didn't know it had a light until i'd left it open after storing some cheese in it........

In the late evening that little glow was very reassuring as i went to pick up my wife who'd locked herself out of her car.

I had a similar experience, also from an elderly gentleman.  I came out of a shop and saw him admiring my LS 430, he just said "I've admired it before, absolutely splendid". Which begs the question again, why did I sell it!  Still, I'm on the lookout for another.

likewise in Yorkshire on my recent holiday one morning along a country lane where a branch from a tree had fallen overnight.  Lady had stopped in her 2006 Vauxhall and exclaimed to me that I shouldn't get too close to the branches in my new car ....  I was manhandling the branches over the wall to help clear a way through the road.

I explained her car was 11 years younger than mine !  :biggrin:

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great stories!

I tell one more, from another time, another country - some moto journalists (sort of lost cousins of Top Gear, let say) put local celebrities into LS first generation, in 2007 or so. To be honest LS was mint, from some club owner. And next they ask celebrities about age and price of LS - average they given half an age and triple or quadruple the price...

About lexus reliability, other old joke "after Armaggedon there will be darkness over sea and land, and there will lay dust and ashes, and lexus V8s here and there"

• Like 2