Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to LOC

Ben01

Hi,

I am newbie here, but not exactly to lexus. It looks like I stuck last years with Big L, first GS300 1st gen 1996, next GS300 2nd gen 1998, and now GS430 2002.

I am too old to be serious, too poor to be proper lexus' owner 😉, too cheap to think about any car other than "is this another comfy bargain barge or not?". I was once a fan of big old fords, next americans, and now of Lexus (GSes by accident). But I admired Lexus all time, and they are pretty good as bargain barges too, no doubts.

I am addicted to low cost old scrappy cars and I like the change, so it looks like I owned a 18 or 19 cars last 20 years. And sometimes 6 or 7 at once (but this madness is over).

I do my maintenance and DIY last 15 years or so, somehow I don't like professional mechanics 😉

Sometimes I like to talk about cars, life and universe, so I am here.

(I am not native speaker and 5 years in Scotland somehow did not improve my accent or grammar, sorry)

Hi Ben.

As you have discovered Lexus GS's are a great range of cars. You will have to consider at some time in the future a hybrid version. If you have not driven one your in for an eye opener for both performance, and economy.

John.

Farqui, I have a couple of stories and thoughts and even I have written them down, but in another language unfortunatelly. But we could try google translator (it is not very bad this way, only mediocre and sometimes epic fails on idioms and jokes):

Last entry about GS430
List of so-call-cars entries

Webpage about so-call-fleet

Britprius, yes GSes are great. I thought of an LS for years, but GSes are more reasonable and better suit us now (we are middle aged couple, our daughters grown adult and move on so even GS rides half empty). The goal could be an old SC400 (I don't like SC430 body too much). But IMVHO there is no such a thing on the market like cheap old SC400 in reasonable condition (even for my low standards). About hybrid and future - we will see. Economy is not critical, last two GSes have LPG, even GS300 on petrol was OK for me. Performance of hybrid is better for sure, but I am not sure if it equals systems and parts "non-serviceable" at scrapyard. But future is bright, LC500 non-hybrid exists 😁

• Like 1