Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need a dump from an is300h instrument cluster 93c66 eeprom to put on mine. Mine had been messed with prior to me getting it.

The ring moving/not moving is a coding issue.

The like I said I will dump mine to a bin file and send you it. If I get time tomorrow I'll do it if not it'll be weekend.

He will have to dismantle it to flash it again anyway.

Ian

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, ianhu said:

The ring moving/not moving is a coding issue.

The like I said I will dump mine to a bin file and send you it. If I get time tomorrow I'll do it if not it'll be weekend.

He will have to dismantle it to flash it again anyway.

Ian

Thanks

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

The fact the background is moving would suggest it is the F-Sport software. Something else is not programmed correctly, to move the physical ring.

Its sounds like the ring is rattling, when you took yours apart, did it seem the mechanical side can be broken?

That ring has 4 screws. Two top and two bottom. They attached to a drive train that is moved by a motor.

I very much doubt the guy who put it back together got it wrong. My bet is he put it back together right.

I had a few hit and missed getting everything right before I finally did. And what youve described was one of the symptoms. But it would have been impossible for me to know based on the file I sent made over a year ago.

Hang fire and let me send you the right dump then when he flashed it, so long as it IS all put together correctly it will function as expected.

19 hours ago, ianhu said:

Did your garage flash it or what?

He said it shoulda been done yesterday, but wasn't, so should be today. I really dont know what is going on, I recommend your file and he didn't want to even try it. I really need the car back fixed.

I went to lengths to get it right since my mileage was not clocking up when I got the car. The lexus people wanted to sell me a new clock at £1000 with '000000` on the thing. Yeah I reckon it will be really easy to shift the car on in future without true mileage

So I went to lengths to work out how to resolve it. And yes I hit the ring not moving and all manner of issues.

Look your man can use the file or not it direct off my car so I know it's good.

Either way makes no odds to me. Was trying to help you out that's all. No worries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ianhu said:

I went to lengths to get it right since my mileage was not clocking up when I got the car. The lexus people wanted to sell me a new clock at £1000 with '000000` on the thing. Yeah I reckon it will be really easy to shift the car on in future without true mileage

So I went to lengths to work out how to resolve it. And yes I hit the ring not moving and all manner of issues.

Look your man can use the file or not it direct off my car so I know it's good.

Either way makes no odds to me. Was trying to help you out that's all. No worries.

Thanks soo much bro, he did it, all working like before, correct millage I added 1k extra moving fine.

Hi,

Does any one has instrument cluster pin out diagram lexus IS Sport. I try to install lexus IS 2014 speedometer (83800-53F20)  to RC 2016 but engine temperature is displayed incorrectly, it says engine temp. too high and check LDA PCS system, but my car does not have such systems, any solution?

• 1 year later...

Hello from across the pond.   This is the first thread I've come across with some really solid information.   I have a Fsport cluster for my base 2014 is.   The cluster works fine except getting an alarm for the vgrs system which i do not have and the mileage correction.  I'm sure I can figure out the mileage correction.   I'm hoping the vgrs system enabled or not is also in the eeprom.   I'm going to try loading your dump and see if it works to clear that up.   If you go to the techstream live data you can see a parameter for vgrs present or not present but no way to change it through techstream.   Only solution I suspect is to load a dump from a fsport that doesn't have this feature.

6 hours ago, ianhu said:

How did it go?

I got the mileage correction figured out most of the way.   I can get it very close but cant seem to figure out how to get those last digits right.  I did spend a ton of time hacking and was able to disable the VGRS Warning.   I was also able to find the values to fix PCS, LDA,  and one other warning i cant remember off the top of my head.  i have it documented on my laptop at work.  

I assume your ton of time hacking it was spent with it out of the car powered up on a bench? I know multiple changes and reloads of the file in situ would have been a right ballache.

Did you just hack your own file or did you use the one I sent?

10 hours ago, ianhu said:

I assume your ton of time hacking it was spent with it out of the car powered up on a bench? I know multiple changes and reloads of the file in situ would have been a right ballache.

Did you just hack your own file or did you use the one I sent?

On the bench will be the next step.   For now I used the test points on the other side of the board to add a socket.   This allowed me to sit in the car and just take the chip in and out between loads.

Yes I too connected a zif IC socket and lead and soldered it to the back on the pads of the board.

It allowed me to put the clock back in place but easily flash the IC by removing it and then replacing it.

Very useful when testing.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links