Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone,

I've just found that Lexus in Poland has already launched ES300h. 

Here is the link to the price list and models available there: http://pdf-lexus.eu/lexus_pl/cenniki/2018/cennik_ES.pdf Prices are in PLN so should be roughly divided by 5 for GBP. There is also 3% difference in VAT . 

As a quick comparison cheapest GS300h was sold for 219000PLN (45k GBP) where cheapest ES is sold for 199000PLN (41k GBP) making it 10% cheaper. 

What I've noticed straight away is that both cheapest version and F-Sport got artificial leather. Standard leather is available in Prestige (our Premier) and nice semi-aniline one is only in top Omotenashi which is 57k GBP!

Of course in UK package might be different but anyway it is not cheap and I got feeling GS was better value for customers.

PS. Fuel tank is only 50 litres!

In my humble opinion, there is no point to compare prices in such "distant" countries like PL and UK, for luxury or "luxury" global products. This is not about cars or prices, but fortunetelling and babling about marketing visions of different departaments of giant corporation. And it is same all around the world, not only Lexus nor automotive (and we look at apple, becouse why not).

If you think other way, you could try to explain me why basic LC500 costs in Poland roughly 30 THOUSANDS POUNDS more than in UK (yes, in UK roughly 80k, in Poland roughly 110k pounds).

6 hours ago, Hangie said:

Hi Everyone,

I've just found that Lexus in Poland has already launched ES300h. 

Here is the link to the price list and models available there: http://pdf-lexus.eu/lexus_pl/cenniki/2018/cennik_ES.pdf Prices are in PLN so should be roughly divided by 5 for GBP. There is also 3% difference in VAT . 

As a quick comparison cheapest GS300h was sold for 219000PLN (45k GBP) where cheapest ES is sold for 199000PLN (41k GBP) making it 10% cheaper. 

What I've noticed straight away is that both cheapest version and F-Sport got artificial leather. Standard leather is available in Prestige (our Premier) and nice semi-aniline one is only in top Omotenashi which is 57k GBP!

Of course in UK package might be different but anyway it is not cheap and I got feeling GS was better value for customers.

PS. Fuel tank is only 50 litres!

No point comparing it as above. 

Spec, trim levels and pricing will be different in the UK. 50l tank providing 45mpg+ combined is still a very reasonable 500miles of range if not more as we don't know official mpg yet

Highly likely only the bottom spec of ES will come with artificial leather in the UK

Yes I know packaging will be different (UK normally got not so well equipped cars and cheaper versions) but still this is first official price list in EU that I'm aware of. I didn't want to compare prices between PL and UK but to show what is the difference between ES and GS in Poland which should give us idea what price in UK will be.

GS300h have similar millage and 65l tank. 50l tank is really tiny in my opinion. Maybe in UK where we don't drive so long distances normally it will work but in Continental Europe where peoples tends to drive more it will be more of an issue.

I got a feeling that ES in UK will have artificial leather up to the middle of spec - but we will see 🙂

It will be almost identical starting point but then ES might have more option to put it higher. 

Right now IS in UK is staring at 32.5 and going up to 42.4 - 30% difference

Looking at the polish ES prices 199k to 279k - 40% difference 

Still I believe that discussion take place here already - what is the future of the IS if new ES is really close to it right now. We just need to wait when Lexus UK will publish official price list.

3 hours ago, Hangie said:

It will be almost identical starting point but then ES might have more option to put it higher. 

Right now IS in UK is staring at 32.5 and going up to 42.4 - 30% difference

Looking at the polish ES prices 199k to 279k - 40% difference 

Still I believe that discussion take place here already - what is the future of the IS if new ES is really close to it right now. We just need to wait when Lexus UK will publish official price list.

All speculations. For a start it won't have artificial leather. Even the IS doesn't unless going for tahara trim which is half artificial leather. 

It will be cheaper than the GS. 

Of course it is all speculations as in UK there is still no official release, but that the point of the forum to discuss especially as GS corner went quite quiet recently.

IS is artificial/synthetic leather at the lower half of the price list. It is going for the real leather from Advance pack or F-Sport with extra package.

I speculate that ES will be exactly the same - lower half tahara, higher end leather, top version semi-aniline leather.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links