Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BigRat - decisions decisions

BigRat - should he....... or should he not?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. So, should the Ratster dechrome Kitt or not

• Absolutely - do it!
    • No, it will look daft

With this kind of rims and if you like dark batmobile apperance - IMHO dechrome her now. And tint rear lamps a bit.

BTW if you want real information and feedback from two-option pool, always put third option "I don't care / I have no idea / It does not matter", not only "yay" and "nay".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr I used to be indecisive.....now I’m not so sure 🤔 

🐀

Would you like some counselling?  £120+VAT per hour.  Cash for a fellow tradesman could bring the price down!  I'll be in Somerset in September, we could have our first session then, my wife and dog can wait in the car.

• Haha 2

@The-Acre I really appreciate that matey most kind......please feel free to call in....... no need to leave them in the car my dog house is vacant at the moment for the mutt.....

And I’m sure Mrs Rat would be more than happy to divulge all to Mrs Acre while you attempt to get some semblance of sense out of me.......🤪

🐀

4 hours ago, Ben01 said:

With this kind of rims and if you like dark batmobile apperance - IMHO dechrome her now. And tint rear lamps a bit.

BTW if you want real information and feedback from two-option pool, always put third option "I don't care / I have no idea / It does not matter", not only "yay" and "nay".

Yes, that would make the results so much more clear :confused:

You could always try the Mini tape route as seen on most IS F’s? I’m looking to actually get mine stripped back and painted for a more permanent/cleaner look.

Did buy the tape, but it’s fiddly as hell, especially around the curved sections where it’s wider. 

100% believe it would look better without the chrome. 😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

@Big RatHi Paul, what are the options to de-chrome? I've been thinking about it myself..

About £300 for Lexus to remove the existing trim and fit a replacement

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GibletPH said:

Yes to a dechrome but don’t tint the rear lights. My old Evo X had tinted rear lights and they looked very chavvy. 

Disagree. There are many levels of possible tint, I would tint them a bit (look at my built thread photos ), not turn them into black stuff, like a few people here and there in UK (at continent is to risky probably, and they could lost MOT on first corner).

"Murdered out" all the way.

If you're going to the dark side you can't do 95% of the job.

I'd also remove the engine and replace it with an actual black hole so you can run her on the immense power of a singularity.

Cost dependent of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

@Big RatHi Paul, what are the options to de-chrome? I've been thinking about it myself..

@Bluethunder Hi Nean I’m just considering the chrome 2 piece strips across the top of the side glass, wrapping is probably most cost effective I guess🤔

🐀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Henderson said:

Keep the chrome visible, but make it darker somehow. Like on the RC300h Black Edition

Interesting idea! I am personaly too lazy to do ever anything like this and it is "too delicate" solution for my taste, but this is very fresh idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J Henderson said:

Keep the chrome visible, but make it darker somehow. Like on the RC300h Black Edition

RCBlack-01.thumb.jpg.2d80acea9aad0d52349b1447fb4bda6c.jpg

RCBlack-02.thumb.jpg.175e05c458d54e421f0ae7529303ac32.jpg

Now that looks classy - IMHO. Blends in really well without spoiling the look of the car.

• Like 1

Hi all:driving:

Keep the chrome just gives the car a little bit off brightness rather than all black.😊If you are going to get rid off the chrome why not get rid off around the front grill too then you won't see it in the dark at all😃

65mike:driving:

• Haha 1

Too late all you “keep the chrome”-ers!

He’s already done it, along with a LHD conversion kit it seems....

Full spec list in the drop down on Youtube for those that are interested.