Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why the RCF has been a total flop...

Quite a fair review I thought.

I don't compare the Rcf to an M4, the Rcf for me is a nice reliable GT car.

I'd compare the Rcf to a Jag F-Type, Jag XK, Aston DB9 even.

My last car was like an M4, I chose the Rcf because I wanted something a bit more luxurious, better quality, and more grown up. Just like he describes the buyer in the review. And of course the big one for me, something rare.

After a couple of months of ownership I'm still getting people asking me what it is.

• Like 3

I think your comparisons are more appropriate for the LC than the RC-F.

A performance coupe based on a smart saloon puts you straight into M-car territory  and possibly Audi's S5.

None of what was said makes the RC-F a bad car it's just public perception of Lexus as a comfy saloon/SUV brand and BMW as a sports fest. 

Reasonable review but the gear shift is 0.2 seconds so bloody fast. Similar weight to its competitors, similar lap times to the m4, kids go in the back etc etc. I don’t think the reviewers do enough research before making these comments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Reasonable review but the gear shift is 0.2 seconds so bloody fast. Similar weight to its competitors, similar lap times to the m4, kids go in the back etc etc. I don’t think the reviewers do enough research before making these comments. 

Totally agree.

My kids fit in the back of the RC-F. I'm not saying it's a practical family car, but it is totally feasible to take the family out. 

AND as far as the gearbox goes, it sounds like the reviewer was driving round in auto. Of course it's comparatively slow then. After all, it's trying to be slick! 

• Like 1

****, I couldn't listen to that voice for too long!!!!

The 4 Series out sells the Lexus 3:1...……...Good!! One of the pluses for me is I am not driving round in the same thing as 1000s of other people so its hardly a negative, as for the rest of it he seems to have cherry picked from other road tests, I tend not to take any notice of these people, drive the car yourself and if you like it and like the looks then buy it, safe in the knowledge that wherever you park it you wont come back to find another one next to it...………………………….

• Like 4

2 hours ago, foxy-stoat said:

Is it me or is that fella really small ?

@foxy-stoat And the problem with small people is.......... they tend to make much better drivers........ and anyway I'm 5' 8 and 5/16ths but with my rigger boots on I'm.........now I have a premonition that @emjay82 will be along with a certain photograph as regards my lack of......😂

🐀

28 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@foxy-stoat And the problem with small people is.......... they tend to make much better drivers........ and anyway I'm 5' 8 and 5/16ths but with my rigger boots on I'm.........now I have a premonition that @emjay82 will be along with a certain photograph as regards my lack of......😂

🐀

What this photo.....? 😂 

DSC_2411.thumb.JPG.10d5e70a559133749ff251470a8f2ad3.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I found the review pretty fair, I liked it.

Not sure I agree with everything, but few point ere very decent e.g. that "F-marque" is little bit soft, very limited number, very limited exposure, little follower-ship... it is not even true performance, it is more of luxury-performance which is very niche. Most people either want Luxury or Performance and then complain that they would like to have both in single car, but never actually buys cars which offers that like for example RC-F. This reminds me discussion of manual gearbox - everyone says they wants it, but when it comes to buying nobody buys it. So same her with RC-F everyone says they want luxury performance car, which is fast yet doesn't brake your back over speed bump, or luxury which isn't total boat in the corners, but when it comes to buying the car they still buy M4, because it is 0.1s quicker around the track and MB S-Class because it has cooled cup holder and electric glasses holder cover, but won't buy Lexus because it is just exactly in the perfect middle of luxury and performance.

2 hours ago, Tfp said:

It seems your carbon bonnet has melted.

Nah it's so @Flytvr can show us the fake carbon engine cover that's mentioned in the review.

It's ok...  Buyers remorse can happen to any of us.  I felt the same when I went Xbox One over the PS4 or when I chose a white one over a black one in Amsterdam (but that's a story for another time) 😉

13 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Yep - the review still got me deliberating. So I went down to the garage and took another snap - just to make sure!

F (1 of 1).jpg

Quite a lot of degradation to your bonnet - can almost see the engine trough it! I knew UV light can weaken CFRP, but didn't realise it is going to be that quick in current heatwave 😄

30 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Quite a lot of degradation to your bonnet - can almost see the engine trough it! I knew UV light can weaken CFRP, but didn't realise it is going to be that quick in current heatwave 😄

I’m not too worried. Somebody once told me that all the parts on the RCF can be replaced using Is220d parts.

5 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I’m not too worried. Somebody once told me that all the parts on the RCF can be replaced using Is220d parts.

If you quote somebody at least do it right - IS220d and IS-F are basically same car, just one powered by diesel 😄 Never compared IS220d with RC-F even for blind person it would be clear one has 2 more doors!

RC200t is your "to go" car for parts... I am not even sure why Lexus made it, probably to support aging fleet of RC-F's with spares... Sadly nobody bite that bullet and 200t are rarer then the cars they meant to provide parts to.

8 hours ago, Linas.P said:

If you quote somebody at least do it right - IS220d and IS-F are basically same car, just one powered by diesel 😄  Never compared IS220d with RC-F even for blind person it would be clear one has 2 more doors!

RC200t is your "to go" car for parts... I am not even sure why Lexus made it, probably to support aging fleet of RC-F's with spares... Sadly nobody bite that bullet and 200t are rarer then the cars they meant to provide parts to.

You're right - my bad. To be honest, I didn't find the original quote all that interesting, so wasn't really paying attention. 😉

3 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

You're right - my bad. To be honest, I didn't find the original quote all that interesting, so wasn't really paying attention. 😉

No need to pretend - if it wouldn't have boiled your blood you would not be quoting it over and over and over again... and over and over again... you welcome! 😄

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links