Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h (4thgen) problems.

The sunroof seals had failed.... the sunroof would not shut and neither would the cover

. I took it to Vantage Lexus Leeds and the first question the service bod asked was,” how dirty is the car”?

Is this relevant? Am I being a stupid c*?

The sunroof won't close if there's debris in the runners if that's what they meant? 

Or if they thought you meant it was leaking due to clogged drainage due to dirt.

I've had a lot of niggles with this RX. Door seals, sunroof and the passenger seat memory. Friday car.

2 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

1 hour ago, Bodmeister said:

I've had a lot of niggles with this RX. Door seals, sunroof and the passenger seat memory. Friday car.

The door seals is quite common and known issue. I had mine changed after 2 years. The new ones have black tape which is alot stronger

I'm yet to hear of any sunroof problems. Mine is fine.

Did the memory issue start after airbag sensor replacement? Mine did and they recalibrated it. 

I'm having the F Sport seat issue which Chris Fletcher had. Been told to keep an eye on it and see if it develops.

The Pano roof seals have failed twice so Leeds have booked it in for 2 days  next week to sort all the gremlins out. Got in it last night and this .....!!!!

At least they have promised me a LS500h for 2 days😀😀😀

7B54FAFC-0EB4-458F-938F-FC8845B66322.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

The Pano roof seals have failed twice so Leeds have booked it in for 2 days  next week to sort all the gremlins out. Got in it last night and this .....!!!!

At least they have promised me a LS500h for 2 days😀😀😀

7B54FAFC-0EB4-458F-938F-FC8845B66322.jpeg

Must have some condensation in the camera due to the seal failing probably 

11 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

ouch, you have just probably cancelled my RX order

You should just not buy any vehicle 😂. Door seals are known on early models and been modified. I don't think this sunroof issue is known. It certainly not heard of more than once

The sunroof issue is unheard of so far and I think and that has probably caused issues with the camera for the Lane assist etc.  Leeds have contacted the Lexus bod and he will be there to see for himself before they commence the warranty work. They are providing me with their own LS500h as the sunroof seals have failed twice.

Like buses, they all come at once!!

I am looking forward to driving the LS. Leeds had their demo Premier in the car park so I had a poke about. My goodness the interior is sensational and so is the price!!!

I'm not a great fan of sunroofs, only used the one on my LS400 from the remote on hot days to let the heat out.

Now having keyless entry on my RX450H SE-L which has no sun roof I don't miss it at all. Just more kit to wear out or go wrong. Love my power tail gate though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the RX with the Panoramic roof? If so, can you take a picture with the interior cover fully receded. I am looking for a pic of the seals between the cover and the actual opening of the roof.

Thanks.