Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Erratic Window Behaviour

Hi all ..

My Rx450h offside rear window is behaving erratically in that It will open fully no problem but then I close it and it will only raise 10cm or so then it reverts itself to the fully open position again even tho' i'm trying to close it

I've checked and nothing is obstructing the window closing and the only way I can close it is to do so in very small increments using the switch until it is past the point where it keeps dropping open then it will close all the way without a problem

Any thoughts or similar problems encountered , it's no big deal but just midly annoying

Thanks in advance

Hadn't thought about a tight seal as the window appears to slide easily but just tried it a few minutes ago and now it is happening again even higher up in the window frame and yes to answer your question in the wet too but I've used my usual method to close it Ok ,  i'll try some WD40 in the seals tomorrow thanks for the tip hopefully it will be a simple fix ???? 

Just for completeness you could try resetting the operation? Open fully, hold the button for 5sec. Then close fully and hold the button for 5sec.

I wouldn't use WD40, it displaces water, not a good lubricant and the residuals might adversely affect the seals. I would try Gummi-Pflege 

Thanks for the help really appreciate it but , the reset hasn't worked either nor the WD40 which I used before reading your reply , Doooh !!

I'll take it to Lexus and they can faff with it now , thanks again NemesisUK , just so nigglingly annoying hehe !

1 hour ago, Gilbert Fudpucker said:

Thanks for the help really appreciate it but , the reset hasn't worked either nor the WD40 which I used before reading your reply , Doooh !!

I'll take it to Lexus and they can faff with it now , thanks again NemesisUK , just so nigglingly annoying hehe !

Put some silicone lubricant cheap stuff from Halfords for £3. Works the same as Gummi pflege which is the same thing