Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Visit to SGS in Derby

For some time now my LS400s bonnet struts have been struggling to hold up in the winter months but are always fine in warmer weather.

I did buy another set from eBay but these weren’t the correct fitting and I really wanted to keep the originals.

Like some other members I knew of a company called SGS Engineering who have now moved to much larger premises in Derby.

Finally got around to taking them off the car and took them in for examination to see if they could be regassed which is half the price of replacements, the counter guy takes them away and comes back shortly afterwards to confirm they could be regassed.

”Are you OK to wait 10 minutes while we do them?”

Being generous I gave them 20 minutes ( well OK I didn’t want to rush my lunch) and sure enough they were back behind the counter ready for collection.

Total cost was £42.00 including the 20% Vulture Added Tax with a 2 year warranty.

A43CD038-6930-41C1-AFD0-67C83E5D8896.jpeg

• Like 2

Why is it that anywhere that does work like this is always miles from me! I guess that's the price for living on the south coast, everything has the be northwards! And that's another thing, every, and I mean every LS430 I've seen for sale is in the Midlands and beyond.😐

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Why is it that anywhere that does work like this is always miles from me! I guess that's the price for living on the south coast, everything has the be northwards! And that's another thing, every, and I mean every LS430 I've seen for sale is in the Midlands and beyond.😐

You can post your struts to them for regassing and they will post them back for around £5.50 + VAT on top of the price.

I was so impressed with SGS when they made from scratch new rear window struts for my ( alas now departed ) Mazda 323F a few years ago.

No trouble at all, they didn't have the template in their repertoire and copied new from my existing dead ones that I sent to them.

Brilliant service

Malc