Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2013 GS250 - head lights and beam deflectors for driving abroad.

Is there an option or control in the car to change the beam angle for driving abroad.

In my last Mercedes there was an option in the menu settings to set the angle of the beam for driving on the right as opposed to the left like we do here.

I’m off to France soon and it dawned on me I haven’t a scooby about this in the car.

I’m no stranger to fitting beam deflectors but not sure if it’s required on this car?

Ps - anyone got an idea of how to get the speed displayed in km’s in the digital display.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I believe all of the series IV GSs have Xenon and/or LED lights with a flat beam and hence you don't need to do anything.

If you press and hold the DISP button on the steering wheel a menu will appear and Units is one of the options where you can select miles or km.

• Like 1

It’s xenons and nowhere in the manual does it mention adjusting the lights for driving on the right as opposed to the left.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Just idea - before dig in manual or dig in options, maybe point the car in the evening against any vertical sort-of empty wall (or against the wall in dark garage) and lite the lights, and judge pattern on the wall? Next, if have to correct, looking for the action or option? (for me always most imporant is colour of the tape, I have always a problem with proper match to the body, platinum silver or charcoal black, so many choices).

1 hour ago, st4 said:

It’s xenons and nowhere in the manual does it mention adjusting the lights for driving on the right as opposed to the left.

No it doesn't mention it because there is nothing to do - no adjustment is needed.

• Like 1