Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cut Glass Door Inserts on New LS

I am afraid the Toyota Century is no good for having a kip in the back, so the LS400 is a much better rear seat bed. Have kipped for 4 to 5 hours in back of mine a couple of times, and not too bad.

I must say the Century seats look a bit like the 'naughty' seat the teacher would strap you into if you attended some well posh public school and had done something very naughty like support the labour party or got caught reading the Road to Wigan Pier.

I once sat in the back of the Queen Mothers car on a private tour of the Jag Museum (just before Tata bought Jag), and it was a roomy and luxurious as you like, but not a place I would have liked to have been on a long journey.  Not sure why it felt like that but the Century sort of reminds me of that feeling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarryM said:

Draylon seats???

Nope, true wool fabric, common option for Century. Leather was to rough and noisy in designers minds.

29 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

I must say the Century seats look a bit like the 'naughty' seat the teacher would strap you into if you attended some well posh public school and had done something very naughty like support the labour party or got caught reading the Road to Wigan Pier.

:lol:

10 hours ago, dendonc said:

The most uncomfortable back seat I once & only once tried to sleep in was a 1987 Merc 190.

Mercs form '80 and early '90 had awful seats, agreed. BTW one of the most comfy and still remebered seats in all these 15 or more barges I had, it was ford granda scorpio Ghia, exactly last one before body and interior lifting in 1992 - rare fabric interior, as people took Ghia with black leather mostly (and it was not so bad soft nice leather, only delicate, not like typical panzer leather from that era). Foam and shape were sort of normal and comfy enough, but they cover them with sort of syntetic velour: grip as velcro, but very comfy, soft, quiet and cold in summer. Sometimes I got similar stuff in americans "plush" versions, but Ford Germany 1991 top velour was above and beyond any fabric I met.

BTW I was always curious about this suede parts in first ISes. I never use IS more than test drive and similar moments, it feels fine, but is it realy fine? and practial?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links