Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol smell

Richiano

I have got a 2005 GS300 mk3 with 69k on the clock with full Lexus service history, Just recently when starting the car from cold the revs go to about 2000rpm and then drop back down to about 1200rpm but  there is a very slight misfire and a slight smell of petrol but it seems to clear after a about a minute. It seems to be running ok in terms of performance and smoothness and doesn't seem to be using any oil but i have been reading horror stories on the net regarding build up of sludge etc and a very large repair bill! I haven't got the itemised service for the car which has been serviced at Lexus Guildford since new so dont know if it has had the piston ring recall done but i have emailed them to see if they can send me the full history.

I had a look at the app but there seems to be a gap in the history between 05-02-2007 and 08-10-2013 although the service book has been stamped. No mention of any recalls other than the one  i have just had done for the fuel sensor.

16 hours ago, Texas said:

Have you tried using the 'MyLexus' app to view service history carried out by Lexus?

paul m.

That's something I've not heard of, how does it work?  Mine has full Lexus history but likewise all I have is the stamped book.  I phoned to ask for more info but was told I can't have any due to data protection!

17 hours ago, Ben01 said:

If you have done the fuel sensor and you smell the fuel a bit now, logicaly, somebody failed job on sensor a bit...

It does seem a logical conclusion to come to.  :lol:

Mine had a fully stamped service booklet from Lexus but the brake sliders were seized solid, and I wasn’t too impressed with the job they did on the recent airbag recall.

4 hours ago, The-Acre said:

That's something I've not heard of, how does it work?  Mine has full Lexus history but likewise all I have is the stamped book.  I phoned to ask for more info but was told I can't have any due to data protection!

I have sent Lexus Guildford an email to see if I can get a more detailed break down but still haven't had a response!

56 minutes ago, Richiano said:

I have sent Lexus Guildford an email to see if I can get a more detailed break down but still haven't had a response!

I did the same.  I emailed the branch where mine was serviced but I didn't get a reply so I phoned them.  All they told me was that it will have been serviced according to the schedule but won't let me have a copy of invoices.  It would be nice to see exactly what's been done, especially evidence of a plug change at the last major service last year at 62k.  They told me they would have been changed but who knows.

7 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I did the same.  I emailed the branch where mine was serviced but I didn't get a reply so I phoned them.  All they told me was that it will have been serviced according to the schedule but won't let me have a copy of invoices.  It would be nice to see exactly what's been done, especially evidence of a plug change at the last major service last year at 62k.  They told me they would have been changed but who knows.

I might try going direct to Lexus head office to see if i get any joy and also Lexus Swindon that did the recent recall.

45 minutes ago, Richiano said:

I might try going direct to Lexus head office to see if i get any joy and also Lexus Swindon that did the recent recall.

Let me know how you get on.  I'd like more info on mine and it's frustrating knowing they have records of all they've done but won't release them.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:58 PM, The-Acre said:

Let me know how you get on.  I'd like more info on mine and it's frustrating knowing they have records of all they've done but won't release them.

I have just spoken to Lexus Swindon who were very helpful and quite happy to give me the service history and check for any other recalls that have been done, They sent me a screenshot of some of my service history but cant send the full history via email as their system wont allow it. I am going to email them back to see if I they can print it all off then I can pick it up from them. I also asked about changing the gearbox oil and they don't recommend it as in their words it can cause more problems than leaving it alone! And there is no record of my spark plugs ever being changed and they should be done every 60k miles or 6 years although mine has only done 69k.

pastedImage.png

45 minutes ago, Richiano said:

I have just spoken to Lexus Swindon who were very helpful and quite happy to give me the service history and check for any other recalls that have been done, They sent me a screenshot of some of my service history but cant send the full history via email as their system wont allow it. I am going to email them back to see if I they can print it all off then I can pick it up from them. I also asked about changing the gearbox oil and they don't recommend it as in their words it can cause more problems than leaving it alone! And there is no record of my spark plugs ever being changed and they should be done every 60k miles or 6 years although mine has only done 69k.

pastedImage.png

Well done, and thanks for that.  I'm going to get back on this.  I'm assuming the previous owners details aren't on the records?  which is probably why they quoted data protection to me.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Well done, and thanks for that.  I'm going to get back on this.  I'm assuming the previous owners details aren't on the records?  which is probably why they quoted data protection to me.

They didn't mention anything about previous owners to me, Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links