Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It’s coming home

LexusIS300h

Well the day has finally arrived to pick up my 66 Lexus 300h executive model. I will be sad to say goodbye to our faithful Prius workhorse, which gave 10 years of absolutely trouble free motoring, barring a 12v Battery replacement after 6 years. Breakdown assistance on the insurance policy or through the bank was only used once for this.

We are collecting from Lexus Derby and I have to give credit where it is deserved, they are a great team up there, made us feel at home for the test drive, sent a personalised video before it and pampered us with coffee and cake after the test drive - our nearest dealership will be Cambridge though, so just hope they continue the high standards set by their Derby colleagues.

So, conscious of the recent World Cup and all the England support, we thought it only right that a 66 Lexus be the next car for us - it’s coming home.....

Welcome aboard!  Enjoy your new car.  

Derby is my local dealer and I have been generally very impressed since I bought my first Lexus from them in 2007.  However, to get my current RX450h, i did the opposite to you - it came from Cambridge.  

Lexus Derby are my local dealer also and have been very good for my occasional parts requirements, I used to get invited to the new model launches and an Open Road day but no longer, must be due to the fact I do nearly all my own servicing and Lexus vehicles tend not to need many parts even at 24 years old!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Well it’s been almost a month we have had this car and I have to say I can’t wait to get in it each morning. It’s a great looking car and very comfortable too. 

Fuel consumption is between 45 and 49 mpg and I’m ok with that, never expecting to get anywhere near the 65mpg claimed. I have a short commute each day so it isn’t being used to best effect economy-wise, but it’s not shabby.

The one thing I do miss though on this Lexus (Executive model) is a reverse camera. However you have to get a lot of extra kit to get it as standard, so I think a decent aftermarket fitting will have to make do, as I understand the OEM version can’t be retro-fitted. I’m not sure if I can get this done through the dealer but it would be good if I could, warranty-wise.

I have not had a car before with auto wipers, which became apparent when I took it for a hand car wash. The guy squirts his foam on the windscreen, the wipers take it off. He does it again, same thing.... only then did I realise the auto was on. He didn’t look too happy, but I was having a good chuckle. 

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2018 at 8:48 PM, Ian M said:

Welcome aboard!  Enjoy your new car.  

Derby is my local dealer and I have been generally very impressed since I bought my first Lexus from them in 2007.  However, to get my current RX450h, i did the opposite to you - it came from Cambridge.  

Want to swap? 😂😂

On 7/22/2018 at 10:39 PM, steve2006 said:

Lexus Derby are my local dealer also and have been very good for my occasional parts requirements, I used to get invited to the new model launches and an Open Road day but no longer, must be due to the fact I do nearly all my own servicing and Lexus vehicles tend not to need many parts even at 24 years old!

Bullet proof Lexus. I always liked the 400 series limos, but was never fortunate enough to own one. Good luck with your restoration 👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links