Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cvt gear box

8 hours ago, Casa1862 said:

Saying that, the sat Nav screen in the IS is terrible, scratch’s very easily, I had one replaced under warranty, really needs to be more robust.

There is an anti-reflective coating that is easily damaged with many cleaners. If it happens then best just to use something to completely remove the coating.

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2018 at 8:34 AM, byrnew2007 said:

Hi all, i am just wondering about the cvt gear box in the is300h F lexus. How reliable are they and is there anything i need to know about using them ect. When do i need to get the oil changed in them ect. 

Thanks   

Best gear box ever - fast, smooth, quit. Use and enjoy as you wish.

be mindfull - Lexus normally gives 10 years warranty for its hybrid system, witch is part of CVT.  I would not keep any hybrid car over 10 years. 

9 hours ago, Anatoliy said:

be mindfull - Lexus normally gives 10 years warranty for its hybrid system, witch is part of CVT.  I would not keep any hybrid car over 10 years. 

Thanks mate 😁

10 hours ago, Anatoliy said:

To be fair any car over 10 years old and some 100,000 miles could end up with an expensive failure of eg engine or gearbox so I don't view hybrids much different in that respect - the cvt is simpler than a conventional autobox so may be more reliable and the normally aspirated engine has probably been less stressed than a small capacity turbo engine and a failure of the hybrid system (batteries) appears rare even on old cars going by Prius stats and isn't necessarily a write off situation even if there is an issue - at least no more than eg a replacement engine. 

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links