Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, new to the forum and a happy owner of a GS430 for few weeks now 🤘

So the car gets low tire pressure warning light along with 'check system' and a red triangle, something I had before and managed to reset. Today, I did long distance trip and at the end got the warning lights again. I inflated the tires, reset the warnings and left it for the day on a parking lot. On my way back I got the warnings again, this time they won't reset. After I reinitialize the system (warning light flashes 3 times, I get the confirmation massage) it jumps right into 'check system' etc. and won't reset. I do the reset in P and with engine on. I checked the toggle on front passenger's side (switch between two sets of tires), but it's definitely not making any difference.

I think I probably should go to Lexus for a diagnosis and repair now, no idea how much it'd cost and if there is any other way to disable the sensor for now as I want to change the tires and refurb the wheels soon (I hear these sensors may be costly to replace and may break when removing tires/wheels).

Any advice on what to do and if there are any other ways to get it sorted? Thanks!

EDIT: more googling and found interesting approach I will try - I have set 'pressure initial' at 44PSI so maybe the pressure is too high for the sensor to work correctly?  https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-3rd-gen-2006-2011/445222-no-more-tpms-warning-light-reset-to-lower-pressure.html

If the sensors are original from '05 then the batteries are probably low on juice now.

If you have access to Techstream then this can interrogate the TPMS Battery levels.

It is possible to replace the TPMS batteries DIY, there's a guide on the forum somewhere.

Otherwise check around tyre shops for replacements, there's no need to go to the dealership, although that choice is yours to make.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Just now, Farqui said:

If the sensors are original from '05 then the batteries are probably low on juice now.

If you have access to Techstream then this can interrogate the TPMS battery levels.

It is possible to replace the TPMS batteries DIY, there's a guide on the forum somewhere.

Otherwise check around tyre shops for replacements, there's no need to go to the dealership, although that choice is yours to make.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Thanks Farqui, I might just do that to start with. I believe the sensors to be originals from 2005. Did you try replacements, did they work ok?

I got one replaced by a mobile tyre fitter, has been fine since.

Shop around and the sensors can be had for ÂŁ60ea fitted, or ÂŁ40 for the sensor.

If your tyres aren't holding air then you might try to nip up your current sensors.  But beware that they do not need lots of torque and trying to tighten them may mean they definitely need replacing, tis a bit of a gamble but as yours are original then you don't have much to loose.

Thanks. The tires seem to hold air fine, so I will first try to reset the pressure at a lower PSI and then perhaps take it to indie see which sensor might have failed, then get a replacement or perhaps just replace them all since they are 13 years old now, especially if I can get one for ÂŁ60-ish. Thanks for your comments Farqui

10 hours ago, Farqui said:

Just seen your amendment to your first post, it's definitely worth trying to reset the sensors.

I've just checked and sensors are about ÂŁ40 on eBay.

ÂŁ40? Lexus quoted me 1-off sensor for ÂŁ90+labour&coding! May be GS 2013 sensors are much more expensive?! The cheapest I saw was about ÂŁ60 online, the problem also to find the exact one to suit your car.

I am dropping off my car off at Lexus Glasgow on Friday so they can check were the fault is and theoretically the garage I bought it from will pay but until its paid by them I have no much hope yet. 

Good luck with your repair. Also see thread below that shows how to change the  Battery in the sensor.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links