Recommended Posts

Hi all , one of my exhaust tips has disappeared, any one got a spare or what options do I have. Thanks 

811CC79F-B101-472A-9B80-B77842E12268.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few on here have suffered the same fate. Try and retrace your steps if you know when you lost it. Very expensive from Lexus.

keep an eye on eBay or hopefully a member on here can help you out.

last ditch effort is a Hayward and Scott Exhaust 😎👍

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matrixxxx said:

Wow expensive! 

I got mine from here:

https://partsouq.com/

It was a lot of cheaper (I think around £150), and it was a genuine part. Delivered within a week by FedEx.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still bloody expensive. Is it titanium or something or just rip-off on fancy car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted. Literally only just thrown 2 of them away last weekend.

Just so you are aware, you would need to get them tac-welded back on.

One of mine came loose so took it and the matching one off the other side before realising you can’t  just clip them back on. That sealed the deal for me getting my H&S.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Gutted. Literally only just thrown 2 of them away last weekend.

Just so you are aware, you would need to get them tac-welded back on.

One of mine came loose so took it and the matching one off the other side before realising you can’t  just clip them back on. That sealed the deal for me getting my H&S.

 

I can MIG & TIG so not a problem, I will fully weld the remaining ones on, I have contacted H&S to see if they have spare tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn’t understand why they were so expensive until I saw a picture of one.  It’s not just the mesh & tips,  they are part of a resonator assembly. 

H&S only sell bespoke exhausts - they were suggested because if you have the misfortune of loosing one from each side & can only source replacements from Lexus at £400 a corner the H&S (with tips) is a no brainier.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As H&S take off the old tips I thought they might have some, but they said the customers take them home with them. 

I will keep looking for now, the other link above sells them for £157. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah - was certainly worth a try.

Think most people hang on to them to be able to return the car to stock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As @DAW quite rightly says it is a complete assembly here is a pic of of a complete unit from behind........

IMG_0579.JPG.feaf4f0ecaa2c69e39a367df70311789.JPG

Big Rat

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Matrixxxx My mechanic should still have my set at his garage.  I will give him a shout and see if I can swing by and pick them up.

Will let you know tomorrow.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matrixxxx said:

As H&S take off the old tips I thought they might have some, but they said the customers take them home with them. 

I will keep looking for now, the other link above sells them for £157. 

Make sure you also order the screws and fixings for it... mine were so rusted they couldn't be reused. I believe they were only around £25, but can't remember the part number.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Matrixxxx My mechanic buddy has still got the tips.  Will get them off him shortly, will check condition and work something out.

I don't envisage me returning to standard exhaust so you can have the tip if it's in good enough condition to be reused although I should imagine that something is better than nothing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@Matrixxxx My mechanic buddy has still got the tips.  Will get them off him shortly, will check condition and work something out.

I don't envisage me returning to standard exhaust so you can have the tip if it's in good enough condition to be reused although I should imagine that something is better than nothing.

That would be great, the condition doesn’t matter to much, as I can clean up if nessessary, cut/ weld etc. 

Please pm me and we can discuss further. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you identify which part of the tip failed to allow it to fall off please.
Seems a common issue, something that we all can prevent if we spot the failure before it happens.
For example if it's a bracket fatiguing, I would take mine off and weld/reinforce before it broke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Can you identify which part of the tip failed to allow it to fall off please.
Seems a common issue, something that we all can prevent if we spot the failure before it happens.
For example if it's a bracket fatiguing, I would take mine off and weld/reinforce before it broke.

I think the part itself was initially flawed, and has been revised since (multiple part numbers exist for the exhaust trim). So I'm guessing only the early 08, maybe 09 models are affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Big Rat said:

As @DAW quite rightly says it is a complete assembly here is a pic of of a complete unit from behind........

IMG_0579.JPG.feaf4f0ecaa2c69e39a367df70311789.JPG

Big Rat

Thought I could rely on you to find that image 👍🏻😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Toothy said:

Can you identify which part of the tip failed to allow it to fall off please.
Seems a common issue, something that we all can prevent if we spot the failure before it happens.
For example if it's a bracket fatiguing, I would take mine off and weld/reinforce before it broke.

I believe the tack welds go and it eventually falls off. Always check mine when I wash the car.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got both mine spare hanging in the garage theve been coated black though don't know if that's any good for you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, Northern isf said:

I've got both mine spare hanging in the garage theve been coated black though don't know if that's any good for you?

I think I Have got it sorted , but thanks for the offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I undid 3 of the 4 bolts holding in the fitting, but the 4th bolt is almost impossible to reach, it will need the bumper  or exhaust off to get to.

From what I can see the tip is slotted into the frame part and soldered/brazed on as the weld is shiny compered to the stainless tip, if it is soldered then it wont take much to break the weld, once one side has gone the other will soon fail with the vibration and movement.

 

I will get some pictures when I replace it .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Club Hybrid Poll

  • 312 Hybrid Reliability

    1. 1. If you were to consider buying a Hybrid model over 5 years old, would you be worried about the reliability of the Hybrid system?


      • Not really as Hybrid systems are always reliable
      • Not if it had a Manufacturers Warranty on the Hybrid system
      • I would not buy a Hybrid model over 5 years old