Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF exhaust tips

A few on here have suffered the same fate. Try and retrace your steps if you know when you lost it. Very expensive from Lexus.

keep an eye on eBay or hopefully a member on here can help you out.

last ditch effort is a Hayward and Scott Exhaust 😎👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gutted. Literally only just thrown 2 of them away last weekend.

Just so you are aware, you would need to get them tac-welded back on.

One of mine came loose so took it and the matching one off the other side before realising you can’t  just clip them back on. That sealed the deal for me getting my H&S.

7 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Gutted. Literally only just thrown 2 of them away last weekend.

Just so you are aware, you would need to get them tac-welded back on.

One of mine came loose so took it and the matching one off the other side before realising you can’t  just clip them back on. That sealed the deal for me getting my H&S.

I can MIG & TIG so not a problem, I will fully weld the remaining ones on, I have contacted H&S to see if they have spare tips.

I couldn’t understand why they were so expensive until I saw a picture of one.  It’s not just the mesh & tips,  they are part of a resonator assembly. 

H&S only sell bespoke exhausts - they were suggested because if you have the misfortune of loosing one from each side & can only source replacements from Lexus at £400 a corner the H&S (with tips) is a no brainier.

• Like 2

As H&S take off the old tips I thought they might have some, but they said the customers take them home with them. 

I will keep looking for now, the other link above sells them for £157. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matrixxxx said:

As H&S take off the old tips I thought they might have some, but they said the customers take them home with them. 

I will keep looking for now, the other link above sells them for £157. 

Make sure you also order the screws and fixings for it... mine were so rusted they couldn't be reused. I believe they were only around £25, but can't remember the part number.

• Like 1

@Matrixxxx My mechanic buddy has still got the tips.  Will get them off him shortly, will check condition and work something out.

I don't envisage me returning to standard exhaust so you can have the tip if it's in good enough condition to be reused although I should imagine that something is better than nothing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@Matrixxxx My mechanic buddy has still got the tips.  Will get them off him shortly, will check condition and work something out.

I don't envisage me returning to standard exhaust so you can have the tip if it's in good enough condition to be reused although I should imagine that something is better than nothing.

That would be great, the condition doesn’t matter to much, as I can clean up if nessessary, cut/ weld etc. 

Please pm me and we can discuss further. 

Thanks. 

Can you identify which part of the tip failed to allow it to fall off please.
Seems a common issue, something that we all can prevent if we spot the failure before it happens.
For example if it's a bracket fatiguing, I would take mine off and weld/reinforce before it broke.

7 minutes ago, Toothy said:

Seems a common issue, something that we all can prevent if we spot the failure before it happens.
For example if it's a bracket fatiguing, I would take mine off and weld/reinforce before it broke.

I think the part itself was initially flawed, and has been revised since (multiple part numbers exist for the exhaust trim). So I'm guessing only the early 08, maybe 09 models are affected.

17 hours ago, Big Rat said:

As @DAW quite rightly says it is a complete assembly here is a pic of of a complete unit from behind........

IMG_0579.JPG.feaf4f0ecaa2c69e39a367df70311789.JPG

Big Rat

Thought I could rely on you to find that image 👍🏻😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toothy said:

I believe the tack welds go and it eventually falls off. Always check mine when I wash the car.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, Northern isf said:

I've got both mine spare hanging in the garage theve been coated black though don't know if that's any good for you?

I think I Have got it sorted , but thanks for the offer.

I undid 3 of the 4 bolts holding in the fitting, but the 4th bolt is almost impossible to reach, it will need the bumper  or exhaust off to get to.

From what I can see the tip is slotted into the frame part and soldered/brazed on as the weld is shiny compered to the stainless tip, if it is soldered then it wont take much to break the weld, once one side has gone the other will soon fail with the vibration and movement.

I will get some pictures when I replace it .