Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

independent garage service

Hi, I've been searching this forum and google hoping I could get hold of a service schedule for the IS300h.  My car is now out of warranty so was going to take it to a local indie garage for service, but wanted to make sure it was done to lexus requirements.  Is there anywhere I can download the service schedule from?

Thanks In Advance (sorry if this has been posted before, tired quite a few search terms but not found what I'm looking for).

Darren.

There's some checklists here if you scroll down to the bit that says "Find out more about Lexus Service Pricing by downloading the relevant guide"

Or the Lexus Tech site has checklists that they supply you with at the dealer (that they tick as they go) but you must pay to access those. 3 euros for an hour will be fine to get what you want.

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/

• Like 1

Try your local Toyota dealer. I know they will service a lexus and to top spec but you'd have to go to lexus for the hybrid health check. Oh Toyota charge half what lexus do. 

I enquired when I had my IS300h. 

• Like 2

Thanks Matt8, that gives me the info I need.

Lexus £535, from looking at what is required, Local indie I reckon that will be £150.  I don't mind paying a bit for the Lexus premium and service stamp, but their prices are extortionate.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Try your local Toyota dealer. I know they will service a lexus and to top spec but you'd have to go to lexus for the hybrid health check. Oh Toyota charge half what lexus do. 

That's not a bad idea, I'll give them a ring and find out how much they charge.  Could be worth it just for the stamp.

Toyota quoted me exactly the same price as Lexus and  then cancelled the booking and told mento take it to Lexus!! It was the 1st year of onwnership if that makes a difference.

I found the quotes I got when I phoned my local Toyota dealer. Full service for the IS300h  £330. Intermediate service £180.

I do remember tho that who I spoke to asked the service manager who themselves sought advice and permission from Lexus. 

Have you looked at a service plan with Lexus ? Dealers will also negotiate on prices so ring several.

Over three years or so (paying monthly) it might not be far off indie prices and you would probably gain the differential when selling on.  

My non hybrid Lexus will be off to helensburgh Toyota on Monday £198 is the cost of an oil change, oil and air filter. It looked to be £275 at Lexus in Glasgow.

Not cheap but I’d rather have the £77

It’s sad they can’t do the hybrid health check as it’s the same Battery etc as used in Toyota vehicles

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

On 7/19/2018 at 11:28 AM, Mr Vlad said:

I got a Hybrid health check done at a Toyota dealer for my IS300H last year - I'm in Ireland. So they can do it, it's really a question of if they are authorised to in certain countries and/or are they bothered.

That's very interesting. When I enquired I didn't mention a hybrid health check. It was others on here who stated even catagorically that only lexus could do the HHC. 

Good on your Toyota dealer.

On 7/19/2018 at 12:05 PM, darrude said:

Thanks Matt8, that gives me the info I need.

Lexus £535, from looking at what is required, Local indie I reckon that will be £150.  I don't mind paying a bit for the Lexus premium and service stamp, but their prices are extortionate.

TOtally agree , just paid £495 for major service at my Lexus dealer , I tried others , thy was wanted more , £535 , it’s ridiculous, Jaguar was cheaper . 

• Like 1