Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Azure Blue RCF Carbon with Pioneer stereo!

36 minutes ago, Comedian said:

2500 miles in 3.5 years? Rare car though, never seen a blue carbon in the UK.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Totally agree. 

There can't be many low mileage ones around.

I've checked my data list I know of 2 blue Carbons this is one that Lexus Stoke had on a pre reg don't know if it's the same car in the thread......yet 🤔

IMG_0863.JPG.9fa3de59ef90140689675cd6239a07ab.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 1

I've rechecked my list I have 3 Blue Carbons but I'm fairly certain one  was written off some months ago and a lot of the parts have been appearing on eBay, I made an offer for the wheels in fact the seller has 2 full sets one from the Carbon and a standard set, price wise he's still in cloud cuckoo land.. The standard car that they have broken I believe is Red.

Big Rat

17 minutes ago, Bluethunder said:

I wonder which carbon colour combo is the rarest?... Incidentally there's only 3 RCF's for sale on AT at the moment.

@Bluethunder Nean the answer to your question is Solar Flair (Orange) there is one left I believe.

Big Rat

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

I wonder which carbon colour combo is the rarest?... Incidentally there's only 3 RCF's for sale on AT at the moment.

I’ve just checked my ‘data warehouse’.

Four Blue RCF Carbon Editions were sold in the UK.

The rarest colour for RC F Carbon is Mercury Grey and Velvet Black. One unit each.

5 minutes ago, Comedian said:

A mistake - mine was also advertised such.

Was there a single Metal, Carbon or other RC-F ever delivered in UK without ML and thus with Pioneer Stereo?! I know ML is technically an option, but I am under impression all RC-F had ML fitted in UK. Finally, it is not like it is hard to see ML logos all over the place..

I like how clueless Lexus dealers makes it like a selling point for clueless buyers 😄

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I like how clueless Lexus dealers makes it like a selling point for clueless buyers

BTW remember me old story with carbon and cluelessness - potential buyer discusses fake bmw M-series with proud owner, and many many obvious doubts, "Is this real composite carbon bonnet??" - "ARE YOU KIDDIN ME, it is not [censored] plastic, it's high quality carbon foil!"

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:42 AM, Linas.P said:

Was there a single Metal, Carbon or other RC-F ever delivered in UK without ML and thus with Pioneer Stereo?! I know ML is technically an option, but I am under impression all RC-F had ML fitted in UK. Finally, it is not like it is hard to see ML logos all over the place..

I like how clueless Lexus dealers makes it like a selling point for clueless buyers 😄

This is a Land Rover dealer so I wouldn't expect them to know all the details. Technically the Pioneer bit is correct, just not the 10 speaker part. Pioneer head units are used on ML systems - ML don't manufacture or alter those, ML just provide consultancy around speaker placement, and spec the amps and speakers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

ML just provide consultancy around speaker placement, and spec the amps and speakers.

I guess that is what makes it ML then.

The question I have - where did they arrive with the conclusion that system is Pioneer when (at least I believe) there are no single sticker anywhere indicating that it is Pioneer and 10000 stickers staying it is ML? Did they opened the amp and inspected the components and decided it is actually manufactured by Pioneer? 😄

Furthermore, I doubt (obviously I can be wrong) that any other part except of head unit is actually made by Pioneer. Mark Levison is part of Harman International which is subsidiary of Samsung. Harman International owns few dozen of high end car audio manufacturers (JBL, Bang & Olufsen, Harman Kardon.... to name the few) and it would make sense they would manufacture parts for Mark and Levison rather then Pioneer/Sharp who are effectively are competitors. 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:34 AM, Linas.P said:

I guess that is what makes it ML then.

The question I have - where did they arrive with the conclusion that system is Pioneer when (at least I believe) there are no single sticker anywhere indicating that it is Pioneer and 10000 stickers staying it is ML? Did they opened the amp and inspected the components and decided it is actually manufactured by Pioneer? 😄

Furthermore, I doubt (obviously I can be wrong) that any other part except of head unit is actually made by Pioneer. Mark Levison is part of Harman International which is subsidiary of Samsung. Harman International owns few dozen of high end car audio manufacturers (JBL, Bang & Olufsen, Harman Kardon.... to name the few) and it would make sense they would manufacture parts for Mark and Levison rather then Pioneer/Sharp who are effectively are competitors. 

Lexus state Pioneer in their press release for the vehicle I believe. I guess there is an industry database that dealers have access to which has the base configurations for all vehicles, and the dealer didn't know or didn't check if any options had been added to the base configuration. As you say it certainly isn't obvious that Pioneer make the head unit.

With regards to why Pioneer, Toyota have been dealing with them for decades and Japanese companies tend to deal with Japanese companies. Toyota typically use Pioneer for high end and Fujitsu-Ten and Panasonic for standard stereo equipment. Lexus formed a high end partnership with ML long before Harman purchased them and before Samsung purchased Harman. If anything I'd expect Toyota to stop dealing with ML rather than start to use Samsung for standard equipment but they also use JBL for Toyota higher end Amp/speaker configurations so they will probably stay as is for a while.

2 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Lexus state Pioneer in their press release for the vehicle I believe.

They did state Pioneer.... as a standard system and ML as an upgrade. However, to my knowledge not a single RC-F has been delivered to UK with standard system.

As for Lexus having deal with ML before Harman... ML systems in IS mk2 are made by Harman Kardon even the part numbers starts with "HK"... so I see no reason why they would ask ML to advice Pioneer instead of just fittin their own system and advising themselves. 

Basically my point from the beginning was that they tried to pretend that standard system is an option (which dealers usually do) e.g. "this cars comes with optional heated/cooled seats" - no it was standard! "It comes optional with LED lamps" - no it was standard! This sort of thing... but what is most funny is that they claim cars has worse Audio system then it actually has...

Anyway just back to my initial post - "I like how clueless Lexus dealers makes it like a selling point for clueless buyers 😄"

46 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

They did state Pioneer.... as a standard system and ML as an upgrade. However, to my knowledge not a single RC-F has been delivered to UK with standard system.

Why would a Land Rover dealer know this?

Maybe because selling cars is their job (so they should know better!) and advertising car correctly is their duty.. and then perhaps because car with ML is selling point and RC-F with Pioneer system would be immediately disadvantaged?

Again - as I said I like how clueless dealers advertise. I think it is clear I "like" - in fact it makes me furious how some people are ignorant. Good example there was RC300h on autotrader advertised as RC300h Black Edition.. and we all know (I hope) what Black Edition means - that is 2018 RC300h limited edition with black exterior and interior, with black wood trim, orange stitching and mate black over polished contrasting rims. The car was actually 2016 RC300h with Dark Rose leather... The point - clueless dealers will slap any "buzzword" without knowing what it means as long as it seems like it is increasing value of the car for potential customer.. In this cars not only it is wrong.. it as well decreases value.

Finally, I would just state, that in my opinion somebody who is not interested and as result ignorant about the cars should not be selling the cars. That is because the make poor salesman.

15 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Why would a Land Rover dealer know this?

Wouldnt take a rocket scientist to pull the brochure from online and just check to make sure lol

Reality or not, I am just highlighting the fact that dealers are often clueless and there are no need to defend them. The only thing I am asking is for them to at least know what the hell they are selling to me (which is very reasonable). You would expect at least that in any trade e.g. cosmetic shop should know what are the ingredients in their cosmetic and the restaurant should know what is in their food and you would not expect to order duck and get chicken... 

****...you guys!

I didn’t mean to cause such controversy!

I just thought it was funny given the words MARK LEVINSON are on the instrument cluster and underneath the stereo they would list it as Pioneer.

Thats all. Move along. Nothing more to see here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

I just thought it was funny given the words MARK LEVINSON are on the instrument cluster and underneath the stereo they would list it as Pioneer.

I think that is exactly what everyone else thought as well... (certainly me)...

In fact I jumped to check the avert as I thought I might finally see RC-F without ML, but I got disappointed!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links