Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

recommended oil for ct 200h

msa969

Dealers like to "run out" of the toyota/lexus recommended 0/20 grade and use  an alternate recommended ( and cheaper ) grade instead which is very noticeable on fuel consumption but gives the dealer a larger profit margin whilst they can still claim that they are using "manufacturers recommended oil."

If you are doing the job yourself, Use 0/20 grade, it is what the engine was designed to use. As regards manufacturer, I have never used anything except Toyota oil which I bought  in a sealed container from eBay. I couldn't comment as to the suitability of any other brand of oil  because I didnt try any and am not knowledgeable enough in the ways and characteristics of oil to be able to know whether this manufacturer or that manufacturer is indeed as good as they claim to be. There's wisdom in the phrase "there is only one BEST"

If you read the handbook carefully you will find it specifies 0w20 oil only. If this is not available 0w30 or 5w30 can be used but should be changed for the correct "0w20" oil after a maximum of 5,000 miles. This would double the cost of oil changes. You will also find as I did with the Prius "that uses the same engine, and transmission"  you mpg takes a nose dive. 

This engine was specifically designed to run with 0w20 oil.

John.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PRP74 said:

Hi,

Just want to confirm this is the best oil for the CT. Also can this be used on a IS300H F Sport?

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Lexus-Engine-Motor-Oil-OW20-AFE-1-Litre-Ltr-0888083262-/261976474875

Thanks 

Yes you should use 0w20 in both cars.

John

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links