Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

child lock is always being activated

msa969

How do i get my car from not always automatic locking itself? The child lock is always being activated, this prevents people sitting in the back seat opening the door by themselves or until i have deactivated the child lock.

Thank you.

Hi i have followed NemisisUK advise. If I put the little lever just below the door latch in the door edge down children inside cannot open the door. If it is up then on my lexus when start my car after driving for about 1 minute the child lock is activated automatically. 

200h has advised me to look at my owners manual chapter 6.2 on my manual is about lights 

Are you perhaps confusing the car's auto lock feature, whereby all the doors will automatically lock above approx 10mph, with the separate child lock feature? 

If so, this function can be disabled via the control menus. Check you handbook's index for information.

• Like 1

Thank you for the concise version just on manual configuarion. i have the manual and i downloaded the email link given to me earlier 684 pages. I think this part of the manual on automatic configuration is written and visually displayed poorly. I will read it and see if it i could make sense of it. I had a go already via the menu via the display on the dashboard, (the same one as the sat navigation) but with no success.