Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another sportcross joining :)

Takeshi

Hi everybody,

I´m new to this forum (never registered before, but being reading you for a while). I own a IS200 2003 sportcross since 2 years ago. I can´t be happier with it. Perfect model for what i´m looking for in a daily car.

Short story about the car... purchased with 169.000kms (about 105k miles), all stock. During this time I did some maintenance: flush coolant 4 times, change oil and all the filters. change gearbox oil, diff oil, all the rubbers from the steering pump (was noisy), spark plugs, clutch....and probably a few things more I cant remember right now.🤔

Since I purchased I tried the Enkei EVO VIII wheels on the lexus, as well as the Nissan 350Z touring V.1, that I have from other jap car. Didn´t like much..... so I finally ended buying a set of Lexus GS borbet TTE wheels, all of them on 8.5J (officially fronts are 8.5J and rears 10J, but couldn´t find them as a set, so I ended with that 8.5J configuration all around). I had to refurbished them as they were not looking that clean, I did with montana "plastidip", quite fast and they look clean now.

Keep in touch guys!

Regards,

Tak!

photo5951759391973813690.jpg

photo5951759391973813689.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/21/2018 at 11:12 PM, Bluesman said:

Welcome to the LOC, enjoy.

Thanks !!

23 hours ago, Farqui said:

Welcome to the forum.

That's a good looking car you Dave there, practical too.

Well done getting her ship gape, so you have any other plans?

Thanks.

Absolutely agree, quite practical. After 2 years, I´m still enjoying every time I drive or load things in it xDD I also like how rare/unicorn it is. Not much IS200 here, but definately even less sportcross.

Plans... to take of it. For the moment not thinking in lowering or putting a compressor or whatever it changes the smoothness of the car. Right now I´m having some trouble with the transmision, driveshaft or something like that, still figuring it out where the problem comes from. I opened a new topic asking for some advice, as I´m quite lost.