Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear facing baby seat in the ISF

Now then all you experienced ISFers.

With daughter number 1 knocking on the door of 23 this year lots has changed since I last put a baby seat in a car, but in November the Mrs and I are expecting son number 1!!

Clearly he will only ever travel in something with a 5 litre V8 under the hood (if I get my way) so I was wondering if any of the current or previous ISF owners have ever fitted a rear facing child seat in the back of an ISF.

Current law says the baby seats must be rear facing till they are at least 15 months old and are best in the rear. If they can’t safely fit in the rear then they should be in the front with the airbag switched off. Clearly the front fitting is an option but I’d prefer to use the seat in the rear if we can.

So...... Has anyone had a tiny teeny baby in the rear of an ISF in a rear facing seat? If so, what brand was the seat?

Spent a hellish 3 hours at mothercare yesterday and not many seats seemed to fit very well.

Any suggestions would be great.

Congrats

Not had the car seats in the isf much, but have strapped the maxi cosi cabriofix in fine a few times. Not used the isofix base part tho, just used the belt 

8 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Now then all you experienced ISFers.

With daughter number 1 knocking on the door of 23 this year lots has changed since I last put a baby seat in a car, but in November the Mrs and I are expecting son number 1!!

Clearly he will only ever travel in something with a 5 litre V8 under the hood (if I get my way) so I was wondering if any of the current or previous ISF owners have ever fitted a rear facing child seat in the back of an ISF.

Current law says the baby seats must be rear facing till they are at least 15 months old and are best in the rear. If they can’t safely fit in the rear then they should be in the front with the airbag switched off. Clearly the front fitting is an option but I’d prefer to use the seat in the rear if we can.

So...... Has anyone had a tiny teeny baby in the rear of an ISF in a rear facing seat? If so, what brand was the seat?

Spent a hellish 3 hours at mothercare yesterday and not many seats seemed to fit very well.

Any suggestions would be great.

My 4 month old Son is currently in a rear facing seat in ISF.  My daughter was in rear facing until 18 months before going front facing.  

She is now 3 and front facing in rear next to him

We used/use a Cybex Aton Q and has worked a treat for both.

Ps...  Congratulations

Screenshot_20180722-185524.jpg

Screenshot_20180722-185545.jpg

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

My 4 month old Son is currently in a rear facing seat in ISF.  My daughter was in rear facing until 18 months before going front facing.  

She is now 3 and front facing in rear next to him

We used/use a Cybex Aton Q and has worked a treat for both.

Ps...  Congratulations

Screenshot_20180722-185524.jpg

Screenshot_20180722-185545.jpg

Absolutely awesome Lee. Thanks a million.

As I’m sure you’ll remember it’s a minefield of choice for these things.

Very much appreciated good sir!

You’ll have to let me know which FIA approved helmets you use for them both on the track 😉

• Like 1

My daughter was in our Jane car seat on an iso fix that goes with the buggy/travel system. Easy to use as cliped in and out of the buggy straight into the iso fix. Isofix base swivels as well which is VERY useful for ease of moving between car and buggy.

https://www.jane-uk.com/Mobile/MobileSearchResults.aspx?Search=Jane rider transporter&PartnerID=2&gclid=CjwKCAjw1tDaBRAMEiwA0rYbSMaad0MmRDgNDSGlaufYWVFdyeil-iQW5OFvbimDtbuAtmD8q0ZCBhoCpnIQAvD_BwE

https://www.jane-uk.com/Mobile/en/Jane-Matrix-Light-2-Platform/m-m-1075.aspx

Congratulations 🤗

12 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

My daughter was in our Jane car seat on an iso fix that goes with the buggy/travel system. Easy to use as cliped in and out of the buggy straight into the iso fix. Isofix base swivels as well which is VERY useful for ease of moving between car and buggy.

https://www.jane-uk.com/Mobile/MobileSearchResults.aspx?Search=Jane rider transporter&PartnerID=2&gclid=CjwKCAjw1tDaBRAMEiwA0rYbSMaad0MmRDgNDSGlaufYWVFdyeil-iQW5OFvbimDtbuAtmD8q0ZCBhoCpnIQAvD_BwE

https://www.jane-uk.com/Mobile/en/Jane-Matrix-Light-2-Platform/m-m-1075.aspx

Congratulations 🤗

Cheers Stuart!

Spoilt for choice now!!

1 hour ago, NothernDan said:

Absolutely awesome Lee. Thanks a million.

As I’m sure you’ll remember it’s a minefield of choice for these things.

Very much appreciated good sir!

You’ll have to let me know which FIA approved helmets you use for them both on the track 😉

Never mind FIA approval....  It's the wife's approval that's needed....  😉

18 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Never mind FIA approval....  It's the wife's approval that's needed....  😉

Hahahaha!

”Just popping out with the kids for a few hours”!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NothernDan said:

Cheers Stuart!

Spoilt for choice now!!

No worries. I spent a long time looking at travel systems and the Jané for us offered more than all the others out there as a package, especially when you buy the swivel base Isofix as well. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links