Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Although I owned a LS460 between Oct 2015 and June 2018 the 11 year old 460 was sold to a keen trader chasing me for it on a straight cash purchase.  I had contributed to the LS forum on a number of occasions and the LS was the best car I ever owned to date. 

Having owned 3 Jaguars in the past I thought I would go back to Jaguar and bought a 2017 XE on June 7th 2018 and have just agreed a deal to trade it in after 7 weeks for a 2012  GS450h in order to get back into a real car.

The trader agreed a fair equity for my car which allowed me to buy  the GS, it also allowed me to buy a 2 year Lexus extended warranty from his local Lexus dealer and 12 months road tax.  He in turn has agreed the costs of a new MOT by the Lexus dealer,  the service costs for it's sixth annual service including  the hybrid check as part of that service.

Not bothered about giving up a 2017 plate car for a 2012 plate car at all.    The Jaguar was a mistake, end of.    

Really impressed with the GS, it just feels so good.   Thought about the GS300h but for such a big car changed my mind and thought the V6 would be the wiser choice for me.  The Luxury spec is just fine and has enough comfort controls for me.    Lexus derby demonstrator originally and then bought by the last owner who serviced it religiously this making the 2nd real owner.

The GS was all the money, even expensive by comparison to what is on the internet and dealers but I'm ok with it.  Currently still viewable on Quality Cars Today of Sheffield.  Black on black with 44K miles.     Full Lexus Service History between 2 dealers and now a third Lexus Sheffield.   

Glad to be back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SH20 said:

bought a 2017 XE on June 7th 2018 and have just agreed a deal to trade it in after 7 weeks for a 2012  GS450h in order to get back into a real car.

:lol: Welcome back and you have won my internet this week. We (especially my wife) have soft spot for new jags, but you told in funny and light way the very very important story.

It is remember me one comment when I bought my first decent car decades ago, all coworkers and family were "he is retarded to buy old ford germany barge in his 20ies, his wife and children are doomed and they will live in poverty, etc". But one elder coleague was different, he started "o'boy, you screwed" I was "R., I am tired with all this [censored] about consumption and cost of german parts for exotic car" he was "nonono, not this  - you are in deep ****, because you NEVER EVER back to worse car, you jump over too wide gap, from crappy fiat to real and comfy car". Mister R. you were totally right, for every "gap" I jumped over in my automotive life.

Hi Luigi,     I knew the cheaper materials and lack of features might cause me an issue but after a month I had enough.   Great engine, great economy, good looking car but this car was built to a price.  The all wheel drive was great as it was like a go cart but you just know when it's not for you.    I had a  2009 X Type, a 2007 XK and a 2008  XJ  in the past and none of them  made me feel like I do about the XE.     I was very spoilt with the LS  but a great example of the trim on all XE's is the tiny plastic oblong "cup" for a door pull that screamed out cheap.   The squeaks and rattles because of cheap hard plastics rubbing against each other was too much. Regret the purchase and lost money overall. 

I saw most of the YouTube videos on the R Sport XE AWD  and a lot of motoring journalists raved about it but it will never compete with Lexus, Mercedes, BMW and Audi for fit and finish.     That said  Jaguar's  current XJ  is a dream  to sit in and drive because the quality is there to see and touch.

I'm keeping the GS for 2 years while under warranty and expect to change it  in 2020  for another Lexus of some sort.  I've learnt my lesson leaving Lexus.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links