Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus GS300 Center Hub Caps - HELP!

Hi Guys

I have a 2004 Lexus GS 300 and the center hub cap which covers the wheel nuts have fallen off, so I am 2 short.

What I need is in the attached photo, part number PZ405-SO671-01.

I have contacted Lexus and it's a discontinued part, however I am just wondering if anyone on here could possibly help me out?!

Many thanks

Ivor

9ac014ad-f381-416d-8843-d3f8ddaad927.JPG

b58573a7-9207-4cd8-91e6-94c76c0bf19f.JPG

Hello Ivor and welcome to the LOC.

Just had a look on Amayama for you and even they don’t have any stock, maybe keep an eye on eBay for some coming up unless another member has some.

Or ring Lexus Birmingham as they sell on eBay and tend to hold onto old stock items.

There was an episode of "Car SOS" where the guys made some impossible-to-find centre caps for an Astra GTE via 3D Printing. No idea how much that sort of thing costs though...

If we still have example one, we don't need the 3D printing, simple moulding and some resin could do the job.But still a lot of work and some cost. Ony if it is really impossible to find on every eBay and scrapyard in the half of the world...

6 minutes ago, Ben01 said:

If we still have example one, we don't need the 3D printing, simple moulding and some resin could do the job.But still a lot of work and some cost. Ony if it is really impossible to find on every ebay and scrapyard in the half of the world...

How much would a set of four be?

1 minute ago, LexusIvor said:

How much would a set of four be?

Honestly, I have no idea, I play with moulds and resins only for my own and with much smaller parts now (or much bigger and fibreglass in the past). But maybe I am too optimistic, first, have you any photo of back side of this cap?

2 minutes ago, Ben01 said:

Honestly, I have no idea, I play with moulds and resins only for my own and with much smaller parts now (or much bigger and fibreglass in the past). But maybe I am too optimistic, first, have you any photo of back side of this cap?

I haven’t got a photo of the back but could get one if you needed.

It’s quite a complicated profile, see attached photo, there’s nothing much on the back, just holes however only one hole is an actual screw, the rest are dummy.

4B299D82-DBBE-4E6F-8625-AB211C3710C1.jpeg

If there are no fancy locks or tabs on the other side, only sort of negative of front, it is not so bad. Tricky part IMHO are those fake screws, it is impossible to judge without trials if they will be "sharp" as original or half-way or small ugly turds. How deep is this cap, an inch? this calculator not help with lack of deep perception.

I could check the prices and stuff, if you are really desperate, as it is not my really job or area of expertise. And don't expect £20 per item, as any cap on eBay.

But maybe first ask for quote any company specialized in prototyping like

http://www.cmamoldform.co.uk/

or any from google "moulding resin prototyping uk".

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links